Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7859730 times)

Offline mab19

• View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #38100 on: December 14, 2019, 11:47:17 pm »
Good morning everyone.  Another cool and overcast morning here.
Cookie, I will be interested to hear what you think of the tmx 6. 
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38101 on: December 15, 2019, 04:44:49 am »
Our last day of 40+ for a few days. I’m not sure what’s going on but the barometer is dropping very fast. Perhaps we will get a storm tonight. I feel for the NZ and Aussie cricketers here playing a test.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38102 on: December 15, 2019, 09:38:30 am »
Yes, just watching it on TV you tend to forget how hot the conditions are for them cookie.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38103 on: December 15, 2019, 04:29:00 pm »
Your weather sounds dreadful Denise, all cooped up in a caravan so how are you amusing yourselves?
We keep busy Judy. DH is an extra pair on site when needed. I keep myself busy doing the normal household chores plus the odd night babysitting in London.😁

Julie the house will be fabulous once it's finished.We are so looking forward to the day we move in.

Keep cool ladies in those high temperatures that you all are experiencing.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #38104 on: December 15, 2019, 08:07:22 pm »
Julie the house will be fabulous once it's finished.We are so looking forward to the day we move in.

Keep cool ladies in those high temperatures that you all are experiencing.

I bet you are Cornish, I hope when it's finished you can share a photo or two if you feel comfortable with that.  :)

The forecast for Friday is 48 here  :o  :o  :o  I won't need my winter walking gear that day!  ;D

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38105 on: December 15, 2019, 08:37:36 pm »
Morning all. OMG Julie , that is awfully hot.
Report on TMX 6.  Yes I was tempted. It is like the big sister to the 5.  Lots of electronic things to play with and they keep adding more.  But the big question was,  would it be an advantage being part of the built in system. ?   For example, a special program for cooking rice.  I find it quite easy using the method I use now.  So no real advantage to me.
Also the consultant was good but she was having problems using some programs as she hadn’t upgraded her iPhone to include the new program. 
I did enjoy the company of the younger people at the demo and the shared interest in T MX. The Korean Pork dish was very nice but nothing that couldn’t be made in the 31 or 5.  Even though they used the digital thermometer they still couldn’t decide if the pork was cooked.
Conclusion,  certainly a step up from the 5 and a sign of how things are going with TMX design but nothing I can’t do with the 5.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #38106 on: December 15, 2019, 09:36:47 pm »
That's good and interesting feedback, Chookie.  Funnily enough, I have never been tempted to upgrade from the 31, it does all, and more, than I need so cannot see any reason to spend money on the upgrade ... which is strange for me as I am usually the first one to buy the next newest thing, changed days for me!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38107 on: December 16, 2019, 03:58:39 am »
Thanks Chookie. I wondered about the new rice and thickening programmes. I don’t have any dramas now so I doubt if I would use them.
I will definitely buy a 6 if my 31 dies, but until then the 31 and 5 are fine for me. I do love having 2 machines.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38108 on: December 16, 2019, 11:23:57 am »
The young couple who were looking at the 6 were very interested but he didn’t want to spend the money.   I felt sorry for her as she does a lot of cooking from scratch and would love one.
It is warming up here and tomorrow we are going to Geelong for an annual gathering of  staff and friends from the last school I worked at.  RAL also was well known as he did volunteering work with several handicapped kids and assisted with the VCE exams. 

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #38109 on: December 17, 2019, 12:25:10 am »
Good morning everyone.  I'm getting my hair cut this afternoon, so not looking forward to going out in the heat.  A visitor for afternoon tea when I come home.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #38110 on: December 17, 2019, 02:26:29 am »
Just back from a pedicure ... lllooooovvve pedicures!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38111 on: December 17, 2019, 05:04:50 am »
I popped out and did some food shopping. Then I will go out Monday and do the Christmas shop.
Stay cool everyone.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38112 on: December 17, 2019, 08:41:07 pm »
Plumber coming with replacement bit to repair toilet.
Ral blood test,  wrap Xmas gifts as too hot to go outside. 37.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #38113 on: December 17, 2019, 10:09:27 pm »
Yesterday I did something to my laptop that wouldn't allow my camera to import photos.  DH (who is quite good with computers) and I spent about 2 hours going through every thing trying to work it out to no avail. Google was no help either  ;D

Luckily I back up my computer every Sunday night to an external hard drive after doing a virus check, so to cut a long story short, I basically wiped my computer and reinstalled from the backup I did 2 days earlier.  It took a few hours but everything was as good as new once re-started. I didn't lose any work either from those 2 days because I copied anything I had done and emailed it to myself so was easy to 'put it back' once it was up and running again. The day went quick, thank goodness for left overs.  ;D

On a nicer note, my new machine is in town and I should hear from a consultant today to arrange delivery!  I will be in and out the next 2 days so may not get to have a play until Friday.  :D

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #38114 on: December 18, 2019, 12:09:36 am »
Good morning everyone.  Warming up here.
JulieO, so glad you were able to get your computer fixed.  I would be lost without mine.   I hope you get to have a play with your new machine.