Author Topic: FATAL: Dishwasher Liquid Soap -SEE WARNING !!!!!!! KILLS YOUR TMX  (Read 127840 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Bron's Dishwasher Liquid Soap - with Spanish video
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2009, 09:23:53 am »
Funny how those coincidents happen.  Have you lived in that area for long or only since starting out on your own again.  Good luck for tomorrow - can't wait to hear all about it.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2009, 07:01:08 pm »
I have read today that this is pretty concentrated and really it only need a teaspoon per wash, otherwise plates and glasses lose their shine! So only use one teaspoon, will edit recipe! ;)
Amanda

Spain

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2009, 07:02:40 pm »
Can't edit it, maybe Thermomixer can kindly change the three tablespoons to one teaspoon, please.......... :-* :-*
Amanda

Spain

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2009, 12:48:36 pm »
Funny how those coincidents happen.  Have you lived in that area for long or only since starting out on your own again.  Good luck for tomorrow - can't wait to hear all about it.

Actually judydawn I've lived here in the area my whole life.  XH moved up here from Melbourne and I met him soon after. 

The Milawa Olive Shop where I purchased the "Mother" is about a 3 minute walk from my "work" (TMX is my hobby) Brown Brothers Winery - where I have been working for 10 1/2 years!!!  (that's a lot when I'm just about to turn 31!)  But I think the culture is a new addition - certainly didn't see it about a month ago when I went for a walk down there with a collegue from work during our lunch break.
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2009, 03:29:14 pm »
I don't know why ours is green, but its a real old fashioned soap, no smell, leaves your hands soft too! In fact most dermatologists recommend its use when people have sensitive skin or chicken pox!
Will post the recipe as soon as I make it, tomorrow when I get to the shops to buy it.
Ps. Have read that the dishwasher detergent is wonderful for cleaning the bath, sink and loo, will have to make some more to keep it myself! ;D

Lol I was just wondering myself this morning when I was having a shower if the dishwasher detergent would make a great cleaner for the bathroom - I was thinking about trying it...now I definitely will thanks Bron

Thought I would just post this as an update!
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2009, 09:50:31 am »
Hi Bron, have tried the lesser amount of dishwashing detergent and it worked fine.  Actually the plates did come out with more of a shine than the previous times but as I have only been using my everyday crockery lately, no harm done.  I see the recipe hasn't been changed by Thermomixer or someone else capable of doing it. I haven't had a really greasy wash with it either so it will be interesting to see how that goes.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Rowyfo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2009, 01:41:42 pm »
I cleaned the bathroom and the toilet bowl with it :) It gave everything a nice clean and a good shine on the taps, but did leave bits of lemon everywhere that needed extra attention to remove. Of course this wasn't a problem in the toilet bowl :)
Row

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2009, 11:39:11 pm »
And did you know ;D that you can double the amount of your vinegar for free!  I read it somewhere so tried it.  I only buy the generic brand 1 litre bottles of vinegar for the washing machine, tip half out into another bottle, fill both up with water, leave a few days and you will have pure vinegar again.  Don't know how this works but I do it - 2 litres for the price of 1. 
How's this - today while I was out and about trying to get some last minute numbers for tomorrows class and picking up a few odd bits and pieces I stopped in at the Milawa Olive Shop (if you come to NE Vic please let me know and I'll point you towards some fantastic places) and in there they had VINEGAR CULTURE or "MOTHER" that you can re-use over and over again to make your own!  Add red wine and make red wine vinegar etc.... I was blown away, especially after our little chat about it.

So there you go!  ;D

Yes, best with wine vinegars to start,  add wine to the last bit (the manky, slimy bit in the bottom) - white wine from a cask is OK and the mother culture makes more -if you are not eating it then it will be fine.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2009, 11:43:53 pm »
Can't edit it, maybe Thermomixer can kindly change the three tablespoons to one teaspoon, please.......... :-* :-*

Done ...
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2009, 11:47:19 pm »
 :-* :-* :-* Thanks!
Amanda

Spain

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2009, 10:18:00 am »
Apparently you can make vinegar out of wine by using some unpasturised apple vinegar.  I was emailing with a chap I met via another forum about the various things you can do with Ginger Beer Plant (home made, healthy fizzy drinks), and he told me that he makes all his own vinegars.  I'll look out his email on how to do it, if anyone's interested.  I'm planning to do it next month when things have warmed up a bit more - he said it works best in the summer.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2009, 02:09:55 pm »
That would be good - used to make ginger beer - haven't done for ages.

We don't eat enough bread to keep the sourdough stater going either  :( :(
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 02:54:41 pm by Thermomixer »
Thermomixer in Australia

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2009, 09:43:24 am »
That would be good - used to make ginger beer - haven't done for ages.

I've pretty much just copied and pasted the email I got, just changed the odd word and took a couple of sentences out so it made sense out of context  :D

"To make your own cider vinegar you just need a bottle of non-pasteurised vinegar without any preservative, it’s quite easy to come by these days. Check the labels on the bottle. Holland and Barret do a couple, and I think Aspels do one. Even Sarson’s do one. The big guarantee is when it says ‘May form a precipitate/sediment after storing’ then you KNOW it’s live. Then you just mix it one part vinegar to two parts 6% cider, if you can’t get 6% use what you can (but don’t use it for pickling unless the cider was 6% or more), again no preservative, but as long as the cider isn’t sulphury it will be fine. Shake the bottle and sniff to make sure. I don’t even check anymore but I use a good quality cider, again Aspell’s is good. There’s nothing quite like cider vinegar. I’m making Cabernet Sauvignon vinegar at the moment. Everyone is going on about how good it is so I thought I’d make some and see. One part vinegar one part 14% wine and one part chlorine free water. Put it in a jar and leave it to turn. Taste it every week until it’s as strong as the starter vinegar was. Summer’s the best time for making vinegar when it’s warm, use a dark cupboard"

If anyone's in the UK or Europe, and wants to get Ginger Beer Plant, Kombucha (a healthy tea brew thingie), sour dough starter or kefir starter, you can get it from Jim at http://gingerbeerplant.net/.  He's the guy who wrote the email, from which we now all know how to make our own vinegar  ;D  Thanks, Jim!
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2009, 11:36:57 am »
Ta muchly.
Thermomixer in Australia

Offline kaoss

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2009, 09:34:16 am »
I tried the dishwasher detergent recipe and I think it is great. ;D I did have a little bit of lemony residue left in the powder dispenser (I've used it twice now and this happened both time) but it didn't effect the dishes inside which were all clean. Smelled nice too :)

I've made a batch with vinegar instead of the rinse aid (I use vinegar instead of rinse aid in the dishwasher) but haven't tried it yet. I'll let you know how that one goes.