Author Topic: Can i ask a stupid question please?  (Read 2868 times)

Offline past94x

• View Profile
Can i ask a stupid question please?
« on: February 01, 2016, 04:08:27 pm »
Ok, I am prepared to look stupid here, but I'm asking the question anyway.

Just took delivery of my TM5 and tried it out firstly, with mayonnaise, one of the built in recipes.

When I came to add the oil, I seemed to have too much.
It didn't all get mixed in by the time the TM had stopped doing it's stuff. I just thought I'd done something stupid.

I then made Leek and Potato soup (another built in recipe) and it was then that I noticed that when you press "next" and the instructions say to add 100g of something, the scales are showing at zero, but when you take the MC off to actually add the 100g, the scales go to MINUS 40g.That being the weight of the measuring cup, presumably.

So if you add 100g of the new ingredient, say 100g of potatoes, if you don't remember to zero the scales, you are actually adding 140g.
This seems crazy because you can't add ingredients without taking the MC off.
Have I missed something here?

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Can i ask a stupid question please?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 05:38:34 pm »
There are no stupid questions asked here.We all learn something new when someone has difficulty with their TM or a recipe.

You are not crazy past94x.Like you I just tare the scales if needed when using the recipe chip.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline spersephone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 05:28:40 am »
Yes, you're absolutely right. You need to get into the habit of pressing the screen, or the button, but NOT pressing Next, until you're ready. I press something to shut the noise off, wait for the lid to release and remove it, then press Next to see what I have to do. It's a bit of a stupid design if you don't realise. I've done it too.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 07:37:41 am »
I haven't done this yet, but now I am aware of it I will be careful. Thanks. Id never even thought of it.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/