Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6036426 times)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #1755 on: August 09, 2012, 06:25:05 am »
OMG it's freezing here at the moment, I'm so glad I have an exercise bike. I think the wind is coming straight off the snow. Brrrr :(
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: August 09, 2012, 07:15:01 am »
Well it is 7.15 am and I have already done a basket of ironing.
Off to look at potential property for DD. 5 1/2 hr round trip if no hold ups!

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: August 09, 2012, 07:16:56 am »
I just got home from a work placement at the hospital. It was great, working in the kitchen and menu office alongside the dietetic assistant. So great that I'm going to apply for a job as a kitchen assistant ;D

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #1758 on: August 09, 2012, 07:18:11 am »
I just got home from a work placement at the hospital. It was great, working in the kitchen and menu office alongside the dietetic assistant. So great that I'm going to apply for a job as a kitchen assistant ;D

Wow good luck Amy, I hope you get the job. You will want to take your TM with you lol ;D
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: August 09, 2012, 07:18:37 am »
That is great Amy. hope you get it.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: August 09, 2012, 07:28:41 am »
Astarra, hope you are taking things easy today.

Amy, hope your successful with job application.

Too cold here to do much, it is freezing outside.

Marie

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: August 09, 2012, 07:33:51 am »
Take it easy Astarra, good luck Amy. Hope you feel better soon Wonder, it sounds like influenza if you ache so.

jakodai

« Reply #1762 on: August 09, 2012, 08:20:50 am »

Wow good luck Amy, I hope you get the job. You will want to take your TM with you lol ;D

You could use that as a selling point in the job interview. "I come with my own thermomix!" ;-)

mcmich

« Reply #1763 on: August 09, 2012, 09:02:30 am »
You will do well DFD. It's alll good experience and to put on your resume. Even if you have to give your time without pay.

Offline Jadey

• View Profile
    • Thermomixing with Jadey
« Reply #1764 on: August 09, 2012, 10:02:08 am »
I've been sorting through and photographing some old clothes to sell today. And watching some movies.
I resigned from my job earlier this week and start a new one on Monday so I'm enjoying having some time to catch up at home and relax a little also.

It's also good to be able to check in on the forums because otherwise I can't get near them during the week, and lucky to some weekends.

Jadey  :)
Jadey :) ... Northern Beaches, Sydney, Aus. 

Like my page on facebook Thermomixing with Jadey

• View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: August 09, 2012, 10:51:29 am »
Thanks everyone :D I think I made a good impression on all the kitchen ladies because they seemed to like me :)

You could use that as a selling point in the job interview. "I come with my own thermomix!" ;-)

I'd love to take TM up there! Imagine all the yummy food I could make for all the poor people in hospital... :) I was thinking soup, custard, casseroles, porridge, pasta dishes, risotto... I think I would need a TM army to feed everyone though! :-))

You will do well DFD. It's alll good experience and to put on your resume. Even if you have to give your time without pay.

Thanks DFM :-* I wouldn't mind working without pay, sometimes the experience means more than the dollars ;) ;) And I loved the experience I had today. I'm still thinking about it and wishing I was going back tomorrow :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: August 09, 2012, 11:00:47 am »
Good luck with the application for the job Amy - they are obviously looking for staff?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

• View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: August 09, 2012, 11:02:54 am »
Thanks Judy! :D They're desperate for staff. All the casuals are working almost full-time hours. I would love to help them ease the load, and it would be great experience for me particularly with what I'm studying :)

jakodai

« Reply #1768 on: August 09, 2012, 12:44:41 pm »
I wish you were in the kitchen when I was in hospital. The food was horrible. The meals were outsourced, so it was all about keeping the costs down, and it showed. Some of the meals were inedible. I didn't mind too much, because I didn't have much of an appetite, but I was nursing and fighting one hell of an infection & recovering from a nasty caesarian, so I should have been eating! I would have LOVED some of your custard, Amy! ;-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: August 09, 2012, 12:49:44 pm »
Oh Amanda, I would have loved to make it for you!!! :-*

I took a meal into one elderly man and he told me I had a lovely smile :)