Author Topic: Muffin perfection (Finally)  (Read 7649 times)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Re: Muffin perfection (Finally)
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 09:15:40 am »
Thats a good tip to know Megan, Will have to try that too. I couldn't cook at 200 unless we need some charcoal in our diet lol.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 12:48:10 pm »
I sympathize with you dede, I bought a new huge oven an Italian one a few years ago. It burnt everything, I was convinced it was a dud and refused to keep it. I found out from the people who collected it that they had a lot of people saying the same about this particular oven. I was pleased I was confident with my abilities to know it wasn't good enough. I love baking.  Glad you have had success and they look wonderful.
Denise

Offline caketin

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2011, 01:59:20 am »
Those muffins look delicious! I've found my oven is almost 20 degrees out when I bought my oven thermometer so I am glad that I bought one!

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2011, 04:44:27 am »
My oven temperature varies hugely - including on different parts of the same shelf - it drives me nuts.  I pretty well have to turn everything I put in there every 5 - 10 minutes, consequently, not a lot of cooking goes on in the oven.  When I persevere the end results are edible, but not as good as they could be and there is nearly always a burnt edge (or several burnt edges) somewhere.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2011, 05:07:23 am »
Each oven seems to vary by a lot. The best oven I have ever had was my Wood slow combustion stove. Even though the temperature varies depending on the heat from the wood it just seemed to cook everything perfectly. My oven before this one was alot better as it was fan forced and slightly larger but unfortunately it decided to die.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.