Author Topic: COOKIES & OTHER GIFTS IN JARS  (Read 5760 times)

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
COOKIES & OTHER GIFTS IN JARS
« on: December 07, 2012, 11:08:02 pm »
Really appreciated the inspiration from other threads for these ideas.  The only jars I have on hand are 500 ml so went searching for something appropriate for some last minute gifts for later this week.  Found this from the Pink Whisk  - and you can even print off the labels.  (Must say, though, that when I printed off the recipe instructions, the print was a bit small so might just type them up or even handwrite (now that's a novel idea ;D) separately.

http://www.thepinkwhisk.co.uk/2012/12/day-5-cookies-in-a-jar.html

Would it be an idea for others who have made/commented etc on this idea of gifts in jars on other threads to copy them here so they're all in one place for easy reference?

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: COOKIES & OTHER GIFTS IN JARS
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 11:15:42 pm »
Great Goldfish.

I want to make these too, but what I am still,not getting ??? :o yes I know basic things often elude me  :( 8)

You tip the jar out & how do they become cookies.

Sorry

:)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 11:21:58 pm »
GF, Kimmy has put her cookie jar recipes in the Christmas thread which is the place we usually refer to at this time of the year for these types of things.  Perhaps if I move yours over there it will be easier to find and I could also put a link to all jar recipes in the cake section as well.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 11:26:42 pm »
Hally. You tip the jar ingredients into a bowl and add in the butter, eggs, etc. which needs to be supplied by the person who receives the gift i.e it's not in the jar. Then you mix up, roll and cook. Hope that explains it for you. :)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 11:27:52 pm »
Hally. You tip the jar ingredients into a bowl and add in the butter, eggs, etc. which needs to be supplied by the person who receives the gift i.e it's not in the jar. Then you mix up, roll and cook. Hope that explains it for you. :)

Thanks I knew there had to be other ingredients :) ;D
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 11:35:42 pm »
Amazon lists quite a few books for "gifts in a jar"....even a book for soups  :o
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=Gifts+in+a+jar
....I think most are availed through kindle or iBooks.
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 11:45:46 pm »
GF, Kimmy has put her cookie jar recipes in the Christmas thread which is the place we usually refer to at this time of the year for these types of things.  Perhaps if I move yours over there it will be easier to find and I could also put a link to all jar recipes in the cake section as well.

Thanks Judy, that would be really great! - must admit I wasn't too sure where to put it.