Author Topic: Just thought I'd mention..  (Read 10693 times)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: Just thought I'd mention..
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2011, 11:35:52 pm »
Good to know I'm not the only one who comes here first thing - you would think our computers would just open onto the forum automatically to save us doing it for them!!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2011, 12:58:34 am »
Good to know I'm not the only one who comes here first thing - you would think our computers would just open onto the forum automatically to save us doing it for them!!

Well, I have a Mac and with the main page of this forum open, I clicked on "File" in the Firefox menu bar and clicked on "Save Page As" which brings up a secondary window where you can select where to save the (URL) to and I selected "Desktop" and it appears on my desktop so as soon as my desktop opens, I can click on it and the forum pops up without having to go through other pages.
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2011, 01:07:10 am »

Well, I have a Mac and with the main page of this forum open, I clicked on "File" in the Firefox menu bar and clicked on "Save Page As" which brings up a secondary window where you can select where to save the (URL) to and I selected "Desktop" and it appears on my desktop so as soon as my desktop opens, I can click on it and the forum pops up without having to go through other pages.

Thanks Andie, I have successfully done this on my computer - clicked on 'File', clicked on 'Save As' and when the secondary window came up I didn't have to select anything, just clicked on something at the bottom to say it was OK and it has come up on my desktop.  My computer lesson for today  :-* :-* :-*
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2011, 01:35:08 am »
I've got the forum at the top of my bookmarks, so it's fairly accessible, however, I find that it forgets my user name and password at least once or twice a week and that's so frustrating (despite the fact that I have chosen to be logged in "forever").  I hadn't thought to put the URL onto my desktop - might give that a try, it will certainly be quicker.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2011, 02:39:35 am »
This is my second place to come on the computer. I always check the emails first. I used to go on a couple of other forums but hardly ever go there now.
The forum has enabled me to get so much more out of my machine and ever so  many more recipes.  :-* :-* :-*

It's good for me as when I get up all the other Aussies have had the forum for at least a couple of hours (until daylight saving finishes) and there is lots to read. There's all the posts from CC and others who type while I sleep.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2011, 06:19:37 am »
Here's a partial screen shot of the upper left corner of my monitor screen showing the forum main page.  A double click is all I need to get here.  Couldn't be simpler.
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline GoneCrazY

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2011, 06:48:00 am »
i like that it was so easy to find a consultant on here to sell me my thermomix :p
I HAVE SOMETHING BAKING ...........................BUT IT WONT BE READY TILL FEB 2012 ;)

Offline Jacq

• View Profile
    • Jacq's Thermomix Recepten
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2011, 07:18:29 am »
I love this forum too! Don't think there is anybody who would disagree.....
The forum helped me make my decision to buy a Thermomix, without even having seen it or without a demo. I've had my Thermie for three weeks now and we're inseparable. In the weekends we go to our caravan at a campingsite, and guess what's coming with me every weekend.....

Thanks, all you members out there, for making this forum such a wonderful place 'to be'. :D
Jacqueline, Ridderkerk, Holland

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2011, 12:36:56 pm »
I think it's so wonderful I write the address inside the front cover of all the EDC's I deliver with machines!!! Love it.  Just don't have a heap of time any more to trawl here  :(

Offline Moo2

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2011, 06:39:41 am »
Just as well the TMX saves us so much time that we can spend it trawling through here!   ;)

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2011, 12:38:15 pm »
I love it too!! Whenever I'm feeling the need to chat, I come here and find lots to chat about!  ;D
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2011, 10:09:37 am »
I love it too although I must mention that all the time I save using the TMX is now used checking out this forum and posting.  :P

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2011, 06:54:56 am »
I think there are many of us who are exactly the same.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/