Author Topic: What improvements would you like to see in the next model?  (Read 73963 times)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
Re: What improvements would you like to see in the next model?
« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2011, 05:05:10 am »
This has probably already been said, but I would like it to have a higher temp range. For me it just doesn't get hot enough for sauteeing onions so I always do this step in a frypan.  I think I would use it (TM) a lot more if this was the case.  :(

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2011, 05:32:24 am »
Handles on the side as I have to put TMX away everyday due to bench space

A winder to wind up cord, instead of having to shove it back in

A citrus juicer/reamer MC that fits where MC is so I can get all the juice out of fruit

A hook on the side to hang the spatula

:D

You can use your spatular as a juicer - it works really well. I start out by making a cross in the fruit with the spatular (so shove it in then shove it in again at right angles and then squeeze from there) and also if you put the spatular through the handle of your jug it will sit there nicely  ;)

shame you have to put it away each day - that would drive me insane for the amount I use it. As I don't use my stove any longer, I have a cover over it and that has created more bench space  :D I don't think the handles will ever be considered though as the TMX is supposed to stay on your bench ready for action  :)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2011, 06:13:03 am »
Retractable blades

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2011, 08:21:54 am »
This has probably already been said, but I would like it to have a higher temp range. For me it just doesn't get hot enough for sauteeing onions so I always do this step in a frypan.  I think I would use it (TM) a lot more if this was the case.  :(

I agree JulieO.  But I was thinking the other day that one problem with "frying" is that the heat causes moisture to gather on the lid and then drop back in so that I don't think it would ever be possible to dry fry food in the TMX.   In fact, while I was thinking about the moisture, I was wondering if there could be a modification so that something could catch the drips before they went into the food....

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2011, 07:47:43 pm »
More heat is the big thing that I'd like.  Wouldn't leaving the MC out solve the moisture problem?
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2011, 10:38:54 pm »
Unfortunately not Caroline.   I do leave the MC off when, for example, frying onions and you can see the moisture drop off the lid.    I guess the positive side of that is that they're always moist  :)