Author Topic: Hello & a big thank you!  (Read 3084 times)

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
Hello & a big thank you!
« on: March 06, 2011, 05:52:47 am »
Hello to everyone from another new Thermomix owner from Semaphore in Adelaide, South Australia.

I've had my Thermomix for about 5 weeks now and like everyone else here, I love it!  I've always been a big "foodie" and love cooking, baking, shopping for food, cookbooks, kitchen equipment, anything really to do with food and cooking.  So a Thermomix is definitely something I had to have!

Since getting Thermie I'm been trying so many new recipes and making things from scratch I normally wouldn't attempt (stock, curry paste, pasta dough, bread etc).  Before trying anything though I've jumped on here to check out everyone's recipes and tips.  Thanks everyone as it's been invaluable.   I'm currently making bread using JudyDawn's "milk loaf" recipe which is looking pretty good.  I'm hoping it will be turn out better than my first attempt at making bread in Thermie (as I made half a dozen very heavy rocks instead of bread rolls, oh well....I turned it into breadcrumbs so it wasn't a waste).  I think with JudyDawn's help today's effort is going to be much better.  Thanks Judy  :)

I"m looking forward to the cooler months, as soup making is something I love.  I'm sure Thermie will whip up some great soups this year!

I only really have one complaint about Thermie though...my partner has discovered a love of cooking now its so easy with Thermie and its a race now to see who can cook dinner!

Cheers, Katie
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hello & a big thank you!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 06:02:08 am »
Hello Katiej, welcome to the forum.  You are not far from me at North Haven.  Sounds like you are getting on great with your machine and like most of us, making everything from scratch.  Good luck with your milk loaf, it is a pretty quick recipe with just the one rising. Hopefully you can sort out some sort of roster in the kitchen if your partner is wanting to take over all the cooking - guess you can't complain, a lot of guys won't go near a stove. Make the most of it  ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 12:52:50 pm »
Hi and welcome to the forum Katie.It's great to hear that you are having fun with your new TM. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 04:54:39 am »
Welcome Katie. Judy will be able to smell your bread dough in the breeze. ;)
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline NomesFog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 05:02:15 am »
I've heard that with bread rolls after you have let it rise and cut them up...squish them with the heal of your hand/palm and then re-shape them into balls and they turn out better...haven't tried it yet myself as my thermie arrives next week...but it might help??
 :D

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 11:12:52 am »
Welcome - that Judy is a legend.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.