Author Topic: How are the flooded Aussies?  (Read 45149 times)

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
Re: How are the flooded Aussies?
« Reply #135 on: January 22, 2011, 12:39:06 am »
How are you all going? What has the cleanup been like  :-\ hope you are all doing ok.  :-*
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline terstoo

• View Profile
    • gluten free goodies
« Reply #136 on: January 27, 2011, 12:13:35 am »
Hi all,
Haven't been on for a bit. All my family are in Qld. I have a sister and Mother in Bundy, they were actually here when the flooding was happening, but my nephew also lives up there. They are all fine. When my Mum went back, she was telling us that the water had gone down and the shopping centre she lives across the road from only had the supermarkets open and all the other shops there were still cordoned off.
I have family and friends in Ipswich, Toowoomba and other side of Toowoomba, as in Oakey, & Jondaryn. But all are fine and didn't get flooded. But I agree the media hypes things up, that is so they can get ratings!!! But also on the other hand people need to know how things are. But the media seemed to focus on a few suburbs and didn't go to some places that were pretty hard hit as well.
I just hope the mateship and friendlyness keeps happening and neighbour will continue to help neighbour. Not just in devestating times, but all the time.

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 27, 2011, 05:02:07 am »
I'm feeling quite proud that my local footy team (Swan Districts) have all gone to Q'land to help. I thought it was rather good of them.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/