Author Topic: Tassie people  (Read 3247 times)

Offline terstoo

• View Profile
    • gluten free goodies
Tassie people
« on: March 14, 2010, 08:57:57 am »
Hi, Just wondered if anyone from Tassie is in this group? My niece lives in Tassie and has a son who is coeliac and has started making gluten free goodies and selling them at the Davenport Markets. She has a TMX and says it helps her heaps. She has started this because she said it's not fair that people that need special diets have to pay lots more for food or treats, so thought it was better to make her own and now is selling her treats at the markets, obviously for less than you have to pay in a shop!!! Just wanted to let you know, if anyone goes there say "Hi" to her, she is just a wonderful young woman!!!

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
Re: Tassie people
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 09:16:02 am »
Yes. I'm from Tassie and live about 10 minutes from Devonport.  Does she have a stall at the farmers market?  Or perhaps the Don market??  :)

Offline terstoo

• View Profile
    • gluten free goodies
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 06:15:04 am »
Hi Chelsea,

Its the farmer's market.  On Saturday she made cheesecake slice, cakes/muffins, lamingtons, choc chip cookies and fudge. She said all she had left was 4 cookies and 4 pieces of fudge, so she did well this week. She started a few weeks ago, and she said word is getting out about the gluten free goodies!! Do you need to eat gluten free?

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 11:14:05 am »
No we don't need to eat gluten free, but we do eat a reduced gluten diet to benefit our health.  One of my sons reacts badly to refined sugar so we tend to eat home-made treats sweetened with rapadura, dates and agave syrup.  I've been meaning to check out the farmers market though as our organic farm-shop is a bit limited at the moment for fruit and veg.  I will be sure to say hello to your niece when we go!  It's always lovely to meet another Thermie-Groupie!!!  :)