Author Topic: I've missed visiting  (Read 10836 times)

Offline terstoo

• View Profile
    • gluten free goodies
I've missed visiting
« on: December 07, 2009, 05:31:56 am »
Hi,

I've been a bit busy with work and have missed visiting the site for a couple of weeks. But I di want to tell you that I have Chef Laurent's  cookbook "Caters for Kids". I bought it as I work in a high school canteen, and wanted to try and introduce some new food and healthy food into the canteen. It has some good recipes. Don't know if I'm allowed to post them here or not though!!! Would anyone know the legal angle on that? I'm quite happy to if its allowed!!! It does have the "Copyright Act 1968 and subsequent amendments" on the back of the first page!!!

But I also wanted to let you know I tried the Choc-Orange Custard that is on this forum!!! OH SO YUM!!!! Jaffa's were one of my favourite lollies and finding out I had to go gluten free, that is one of the things I miss, not that I ate them often, but just knowing I can't have them at all anymore was a bummer!!! So when I found the choc-orange custard recipe I just had to try it, and it was wonderful, so thank you who put the recipe on here. I made the beetroot salad this morning as one of the salads for dinner. It's going to be 39c here today so there is no way I am putting my oven or stove on!!! (Ihad a roast defrosting yesterday to cook today!!! I am going to cook it on the barbie now and have it with salads!!)

My sons are still the fruity dream connoisseurs in our house!!! They make it so much better than me. But I have a tin of lychees cooling in my fridge for me to make some sorbet after dinner!!! Feeling very summery today!!! ;D

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
Re: I've missed visiting
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 05:42:08 am »
Nice to have you drop by. Was wondering if that book was any good? Would love to flip through it before I buy it. Are all the recipes TMX? Got my roast cooked early so not cooking at the end of the day steaming up the house. Would love a bbq with a hood! I'm going to look that custard up right now - I must have missed it - i love jaffa too - but try not to eat anything with additives so haven't had these in a while. Lychee sorbet - that sounds refreshing - will have to try that!  ;)

Offline terstoo

• View Profile
    • gluten free goodies
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 05:52:07 am »
Hi Nay-Nay,
Not all the recipes are tmx. But has a pizza dough recipe, and a brioche recipe (which is a little different than the TMX cookbook). All the desserts, cookies and cakes have both TMX and conventional method in the book. I think a lot of the other things could easily be converted to tmx. (Well the fillings of wraps, and some of the main dishes). But I think he probably hasn't done all TMX recipes as he has quantities for 10, 20 and 50 people. Way too big for the TMX. The family cookbook he also bought out called "Chef Laurent caters for families" has the same recipes but it has quantities for 4 or 10 people, and only costs half the price!!!

I have also been to a Christmas cooking TMX class and they made smoked salmon soup, absolutely divine. YUM!!!YUM!!!! I'll post that in with the soup recipes!!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 06:07:37 am by terstoo »

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 06:31:15 am »
Way too big for the TMX. The family cookbook he also bought out called "Chef Laurent caters for families" has the same recipes but it has quantities for 4 or 10 people, and only costs half the price!!!
I'm hoping to get this one for Christmas.  I've asked Santa, so hopefully I've been a good girl this year.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 07:53:03 am »
Welcome back.  Think it may be Ok to put a list of the recipes, but would not like to go copying  recipes straight from his book.

Unlike TMX he doesn't stand to gain that much from his recipes appearing on here. I kind of justify publishing Vorwerk recipes for TMX as their recipes will help sell machines - so good for TMX Australia and UK to have their recipes published ( and I do try to encourage them to do just that on their web pages).

But Chef Laurent only makes money from his recipes - hope you get my logic.

It may be worth me buying the families book.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline terstoo

• View Profile
    • gluten free goodies
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 05:10:39 am »
Here is the list of recipes in the "Chef Laurent caters for Kids" book. This is the one for canteens. But has the same recipes in the caters for families, just in smaller quantities.

Baguettes -
Ham & Cheese
Ham & Salad
Tomato, Fetta & Eggplant
Piroshki
Provencale Vegetable
Beef -
Beef & Black Bean Sauce
Beef & Vegetable Noodles
Beef Burgundy
Beef Goulash
Beef Lasagna
Beef Samosa
Chili Con Carne
Spaghetti Bolenese
Burgers -
Poached Chicken
Thai Chicken
Cakes -
Banana
Banana Blueberry Coconut
Carrot
Flourless Chocolate
Pineapple Coconut
Sticky Date
Casseroles
Chicken -
Chicken & Vegetable Pie
Chicken Cacciatore Penne
Chicken Cabonara Fettuccini
Chicken Pesto Pizza Topping
Chicken Pesto Wrap
Chicken Provencale
Mexican Chicken Wrap
Poached Chicken Burger
Sweet Chilli Chicken Wrap
Sweet & Sour Chicken
Tandoori Chicken Wrap
Teriyaki Chicken Sushi
Thai Chicken Burger
Thai Chicken Sausage Roll
Cookies -
Cinnamon Shortbread Cookie
Coconut Shortbread Cookie
Curries -
Butter Chicken
Chicken Green Curry
Lamb Korma
Nachos
Desserts -
Berry Sorbet
Coconut White Chocolate Mousse
Fruit Salad
Mini Lemon Meringue Tarts
Dough -
Brioche
Pizza
Snail
Finger Food -
Brioche Fillings
Cheese Sticks
Cucumber Baskets
Lamb Money Bag
Mini Pies & Quiches & Wraps
Rice Paper Rolls
Focaccia -
Turkey
Vegetable
Muffins -
Chocolate
Fruit
Noodle Boxes -
Beef & Vegetable
Fried Rice
Hokkien Mee
Singapore Noodles
Pizza Toppings -
Chicken Pesto
Mexican
Vegie
Quiches -
Half - size
Lorriane
Vegetable
Salad -
Chicken Caesar
French Nicoise
Greek
Italian
Pasta
Potato
Thai
Salad Dressings -
Aioli
Balsamic Vinaigrette
Pesto Dressing
Sausage Roll -
Meat & 2 Veg
Thai Chicken
Vegie

Some of the recipes double up, like they may be chicken and they may be wraps, so they are in the index twice. So hopefully I haven't missed any off the list. Just trying to put them all on here and not make the post too long!!! Chef Laurent has a website. It's www.cheflaurent.com.au    So if you need anymore info just go there or google him!! He has some videos of his recipes and how to make them, and if you want his book it will take you to where you can buy it. At the moment its only available online!!! You can also email them and ask any questions. I did before I bought the book and they replied quite quickly!!!

if you have any questions just ask!! Thanks,
Terri.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 11:20:04 am »
Thank you very much for this Terri  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline terstoo

• View Profile
    • gluten free goodies
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 05:54:23 am »
No Probs Thermomixer!!! Glad to help out, I've been getting help from the site so happy to return the favour!!!!

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 10:18:46 pm »
I'm hoping to get this one for Christmas.  I've asked Santa, so hopefully I've been a good girl this year.
Santa brought me what I asked for this year.  Yeah!  The book is beautifully presented, lots of bright colourful photos of each recipe, and lots of "stepped" photos for tricky recipes like sushi, samosa, sausage rolls.

Each recipe lists ingredients for 4 or 10 servings, and includes costings per serve.  Everything in "Sweet Delights" section has both conventional and thermomix process.  Thermomix doesn't feature highly, probably because it would reduce the audience.  The ingredients are all great, very fresh.

Contents
Introduction
Catering - cooking for crowds - tips on planning for an event
Sandwich Alternatives - wraps, burgers, baguettes and focaccias
Whats Baking - pies, quiches, sausage rolls, pizzas and samosas
Noodle Boxes to Sushi - noodles, fried rice and sushi
Salad Sensation - salads and dressings
The Main Event - Pastas, Casseroles and curries
Sweet Delights - cakes and desserts
Finger Food - Food for functions and Parties.

Plenty of recipes to try out - I have to find suitable lunch box food for DD to take to pre-prep this year so this should help.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 11:00:35 pm »
Thanks CB79 - sounds like one to ask if santa might make a quick revisit.
Thermomixer in Australia

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 04:42:55 pm »
I bought the "family" book, but wasn't sure if the the "kids" book was just for canteens. My kids are elderly teenagers - still suitable or not?

(must apologise for terming my kids as elderly, but it sure felt good)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2009, 02:35:15 am »
ROFL CP63 I am sure they return the favour!!!
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline terstoo

• View Profile
    • gluten free goodies
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2010, 12:05:55 am »
Hi Creampuff, Sorry I didn't get back to here sooner. Was holidaying!! The "kids" book is pretty much the same stuff in the "family" book, but it shows how to do quantities for 10, 20 and even sometimes 50 people. So if you are just going to use it for your family then I would say the "family" book would be fine. My niece bought the "family " book when I bought the "kids" one (to save on postage) and when I looked through it, it had same recipes and pictures, so I couldn't see any different recipes really!!! And the family book is half the price of the kids one. The kids one just has larger pages. Don't know why!!! Hope this helps. And hope you've been having fun trying some of the recipes. I tried some before school finished at the teachers 2 pupil free days, and the teachers just raved about how good the food was!!! Which was a good thing for me, as I am taking over as Manager this year and was a bit nervous that I could really be the boss!!! So made me relax about it all!!!