Author Topic: The Happy Thread  (Read 1012759 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Re: The Happy Thread
« Reply #195 on: July 13, 2012, 12:35:56 pm »
This is going to sound like a really strange thing to be happy about :-\

We were told today that grandpa is being kept in hospital. I'm happy about this because I know how unsteady he is, and nana wouldn't be able to help him up if he was at home and had a fall. There are also roadworks happening in their street, and since grandpa has started wandering off sometimes it could be very dangerous for him.
So I'm very happy that they are keeping him in hospital because I know he is safe there :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 13, 2012, 12:51:26 pm »
You are right Amy, he is in the right place.  My Dad was put into hospital for his last days on the pretence they needed to work on his medication but I think the doctor could see Mum wasn't coping.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 13, 2012, 01:04:32 pm »
Thanks Judy :) I feel guilty for feeling happy about it because I know how much grandpa would like to go home, especially because he misses his little dog, but I would worry so much for him and nana if he were to leave the watchful eye of his doctor.
Old age seems so unfair sometimes. I feel for your mum having to go through the same thing. It must be so difficult.

Bonsai

« Reply #198 on: July 13, 2012, 02:47:05 pm »
Amy, would the hospital mind if Grandad's dog visited? (sneak him in😉). Don't feel guilty, Grandpa and Nan are both being looked after and your family's love and support will mean so much to them.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 13, 2012, 04:04:46 pm »
Amy ask the hospital if the dog can visit. It doesn't hurt to ask.
When you are old, it is different to being young. Mother Nature has given some protection to the old (as in forgetfullnes, blindness, etc) and it doesn't hurt anyone other than those who remember to care more). Live in the moment Amy and just cherish the time. Sometimes they will be good memories and others not so good, but that is life. Nothing is guaranteed.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 14, 2012, 12:27:41 am »
Thanks Bonsai and CP. I just assumed that the hospital would mind us taking a dog in, but I think I will ask just in case there is a chance. Missy is only a silky terrier, so even if they say no we could sneak her into mum's handbag :-)) Would I usually do that? No. For grandpa? Yes :)
CP, I guess this would is what they would call a harsh wake-up-to-reality call?

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 14, 2012, 05:55:26 am »
He is definately in the right place Amy,  :)  I actually logged in today to see if you had posted any updates on how he was.  :)
Still thinking of you, definately good, as he will be cared for and the rest of you won't have to worry.  :D
:D

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 14, 2012, 06:02:01 am »
Thanks so much Astarra, that was really nice of you :)
You've made me happy :D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 14, 2012, 06:16:41 am »
Gosh Amy, you are so caring, wonderful, thoughtful young Lady. :-*

Worrying about Grandpa, cooking all the meals, looking after your Mum.
such a treasure to have around..

And so fit,  :-*

How is the job hunting going, did you resign from your other job..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 14, 2012, 06:27:22 am »
Thanks Robyn (have I told you that Robyn is my mum's name too? :D)
I just do what I think is right :)

Yes, I did resign. The bully manager tried calling me four times but I just kept ignoring the phone :-)) I don't know if that was the right thing to do but I didn't want to hear what she had to say.
There was an advertisement in the local newspaper yesterday for juniour waitstaff at a local restraunt, so I'm going to take my resume there on Monday :D

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 14, 2012, 06:33:50 am »
Amy, do ask.

I used to take my huge boofy dog to a nursing home once per week. He was an englsh mastiff/great dane, 65kgs of softness.

The olds used to love our visit.

:)
Mum to Crown Prince......

jakodai

« Reply #206 on: July 14, 2012, 07:46:50 am »
My dog Jake (he's who my username is named after - Jake for short, Jakodai in full...) used to be a therapy dog and was allowed in nursing homes and hospitals. As long as the dog is clean and has heart worm treatment, there is no reason why he wouldn't allowed in. Oh, and well behaved of course. They can't bite and stuff like that... Jake didn't have anything else special. He didn't have a jacket or anything like that.

The olds used to love our visit.

Likewise with Jake - there were a couple of patients in the nursing home that would never talk, but once they were patting Jake they'd start telling me about their dog. It was amazing. There were also patients who didn't think Jake should be in their nursing home and would actually follow me around telling me off. I was visiting the high-dependency area of an old-age home...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 07:48:36 am by jakodai »

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 15, 2012, 08:11:07 am »
Happy today as I saved a little orphaned lamb from starvation :) ... tho now I don't know how to care for it!  :-\
:D

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 15, 2012, 08:58:44 am »
Oh Astarra how kind of you :D
Can you give it milk? ???

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 15, 2012, 10:40:33 am »
My youngest gave me a big hug & said "thank you for the lovely dessert, you're the best cook in the WORLD". That was just for apple pies, imagine what I'd get for something really special!
Melbourne, inner north