Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6035529 times)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #25290 on: July 16, 2021, 09:21:52 pm »
As usual, I have been a bit erratic coming on and off the forum but I haven't noticed anything from K Atie recently, is everything OK with her?
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25291 on: July 17, 2021, 01:39:37 am »
Very observant Marina, K Atie last posted on the 13th but checked in on the 14th so it has been a few days. Hopefully all is well.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #25292 on: July 17, 2021, 02:32:44 am »
Marina all good here sorry rather distracted with things here , I don’t handle pending Covid lockdown well , but ok now I have family together a big shop and chats to friends . Also had a migraine for a few days .
DS was on school camp , which was great , although he has had an in house hair cut . Pity barbers are closed because it’s not good , no way can he go to school until it’s fixed .
A few days ago our kitten brought a baby snake to the back door , I was not there but the person who was rang me , all good but now the snake is under the house . We think it got it from under the shed , naughty kitten , it was pawing it and the snake was angry . Rang back an hour later at the supermarket to ask if the kitten ( Tommy , possibly it’s a girl!) was ok as had to get kitten food , all good . Life is never dull  .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25293 on: July 17, 2021, 12:49:54 pm »
I’m glad everything is ok KAtie.
We had a relatively calm day at home today. Naturally it was wet again.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25294 on: July 20, 2021, 10:34:36 am »
 See everyone is locked down again. Do take care friends.  I’m wondering how long it will be before it gets to us. Stay safe.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #25295 on: July 20, 2021, 12:45:40 pm »
DS on line learning take 5 !! It seemed to be a busy day . DD and I did a Telehealth appointment, now we have to wait for a few weeks to get a iron infusion done for her , let’s hope we are out of lockdown enough to make it all easier. Kitten seems off , not eating and in its pod bed outside all day , it is very very cold today .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25296 on: July 20, 2021, 10:39:10 pm »
A little cooking but think I will clean and polish the French cabinet that collects a lot of stuff.
This extended lockdown in not good. This time last year we thought be would be controlling this bug and settling into a new normal.   Maybe this is the new normal.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #25297 on: July 21, 2021, 12:30:08 am »
I think you could be right about the new normal, Chookie, and I am not expecting to be free of COVID for a long time yet (although I hope I am wrong about that!)
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25298 on: July 21, 2021, 08:35:37 am »
Its certainly very concerning. DH and i hope to go away for 4 nights next Monday. Hopefully we wont be in lockdown.

My ipad has been losing its charge quickly. Today i took it to the Apple shop. They did all sorts of tests on it and said it wasnt the battery. The decided it was the operating system and replaced the ipad for me. I am very impressed. In 2017 i bought an ipad, then in 2019 the home button died and they replaced it for me. Now this one has been replaced. Both were just out of warranty.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25299 on: July 21, 2021, 10:05:58 am »
You’ve been very lucky cookie. One of mine has to be on charge almost all day when I’m using it a lot but it’s 8 or more years old so rather than pay out for a new battery I’ll replace it one day. The 2 I have are around the same age but the other one’s battery still lasts all day.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25300 on: July 21, 2021, 09:38:01 pm »
Cookie, I also had an iPad replaced. It was making a strange noise. I have found the company very good to deal with.
We get our second jab today.  Don’t think it will change our cautious behaviour though.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #25301 on: July 22, 2021, 04:54:33 am »
DS on line learning, DD has gone with DH after lunch to help with the sheep , crutching tomorrow. Mm I think DS will also help after done his school work . Tonight we are going to watch the final Farmer wants a wife ,last night we had parent teacher interviews on line then I had Zoom bookclub. So we are up for a good laugh .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25302 on: July 22, 2021, 08:07:40 am »
Apple have certainly been good to me.  My old iPad, that I had at the forum felt in Gracetwon still goes well. It holds its charge.  I don’t use it a lot.

I went to the doctor to get my bone density results. The doctor was very pleased, so that’s good.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #25303 on: July 23, 2021, 02:56:38 am »
Early start DH and DD gone to help the shearer’s crutching. DS is doing Rist ag on line all day . He had to go out and find certain weeds . Kitten seems better but we had a visit from a enormous feral Tom cat at the back door , put kitten in lock up for the night . Really what next - I should not say that because i hope no more animal visitors .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25304 on: July 23, 2021, 11:10:15 pm »
Lots of cooking as it is going to be so very cold.