Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6088001 times)

Offline pennyp

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #14445 on: May 16, 2014, 02:13:49 am »
Beautiful flowers
Penny
Gold Coast, Australia

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #14446 on: May 16, 2014, 03:51:11 am »
beautiful flowers cc I wish I had a green thumb
housework today vacuuming, mopping, dusting, washing, cleaning bathrooms etc I'm half way there just having a cup of tea and a rest. I put one item of clothing on the clothesline and it rains :o ( I'm a dryer girl)

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #14447 on: May 16, 2014, 04:03:32 am »
Lovely flowers CC. Another soccer mum here. One game tomorrow and then we are all watching the world cup.

Swimming lessons with the Littlest today. She did great. Mummy doesn't need to get in the pool anymore.

Suzanne I admire you for taking on the themed birthday party. Exhausting just thinking about it. I'm sure it will be a real hit though.

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #14448 on: May 16, 2014, 04:16:49 am »
Just beautiful, CC 🌻😄🌻

INAID, I had to become a soccer mum when my youngest man started playing in club this season. DH is still coaching middle boy's team. No choice but become driver for our sunshine. Had a dream (more like nightmare) that I was late starting the journey to his game this Sunday all the way at Rockingham 😱😱

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14449 on: May 16, 2014, 06:56:48 am »
CC the flowers are beautiful. I am kind of out of touch with the themes for parties now. I think I will have to read up a bit on Frozen.

I spent the early part of this morning contacting Monkey Mia and friends to say we won't be going up this year. BIL looks like he needs DH to be very close by. We don't mind at all. We are fit and healthy and can go anytime we wish.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

mcmich

« Reply #14450 on: May 16, 2014, 07:42:05 am »
Sorry you have to miss Monkey Mia this year Cookie, family comes first and it seems that BIL does need you both at this time.

mcmich

« Reply #14451 on: May 16, 2014, 08:18:13 am »
Had a bit of a funny start to the morning  :D I have been painting trim and doors. This morning after DH woke up after his night shift, I decided to put the towel rails on the back of the ensuite door. The towels were left out in the bedroom as there was nowhere to put them in the ensuite. Just as I was tightening up a screw on the rail, the door slammed shut - no door handle on our side.  :-\ DH was in the shower, I had a screw driver in my hand and we were both locked in a very small space on the upper storey of our home.  :-)) DH wet and naked and nothing but his undies to dry himself - luckily I had headed off to the shops early this morning and looked quite respectable.
The screw driver was too narrow to turn the crank and DH was suggesting that we call for help out the window. Luckily watching many years of Macgyver paid off and after rummaging under the vanity I found a pair of scissors and was able to turn the middle bit of the door fitting.
After that my day was really easy.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #14452 on: May 16, 2014, 08:27:43 am »
LOL Michele - that gave me the lift I needed right now  :) Thanks.  :-*
:D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14453 on: May 16, 2014, 08:54:31 am »
Oh Mich. tv watching comes in handy sometimes.  ;D ;D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14454 on: May 16, 2014, 08:59:55 am »
Very funny and very clever of you Michele :D :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14455 on: May 16, 2014, 09:04:05 am »
Michele to the rescue, you did really well to escape from that predicament.  I bet DH was very pleased about that LOL.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #14456 on: May 16, 2014, 09:04:53 am »
Oh dear Michele, but thanks for the laugh :D
well done to your dd inaid win, win situation :)
bzb early morning sports are hard especially when it's cold and not close to home, I'm sure you'll get there on time :)

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #14457 on: May 16, 2014, 09:10:40 am »
INAID, we had progress at swimming today too - DD actually got IN the pool for a very small part of her lesson time!  :)  She didn't really DO anything, but it's a start...only week 2.
DS has taken to it really well.  Has only had school lessons up until now, and swam the whole length of the pool today, breathing every third stroke.  It's a small pool, but I'm still impressed.  

Mich, that's awfully handy of you!  

Watched Frozen again today....DD's reward for getting in the pool.
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

mcmich

« Reply #14458 on: May 16, 2014, 09:13:26 am »
Michele to the rescue, you did really well to escape from that predicament.  I bet DH was very pleased about that LOL.

He could have put his underware on and shimmied down the drain pipe. Being McGill's - he is now calling me Mrs MillGiver.  ;D

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #14459 on: May 16, 2014, 10:33:15 am »
Hahaha. You're so clever, Mrs MillG 😄😃👍

One of my favourite shows, Macgyver 😜