Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6092516 times)

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #14430 on: May 15, 2014, 05:45:55 am »
I'd love to see some pics too Suzanne - at this rate I suspect I'll be doing a Frozen theme for DD later in the year. :)

Cookie, so true that it's always the same people.  I think I'm nearly too shy but I just know it has to get done by someone or it just won't happen.  Couldn't stand a miniball team to be dropped so became a coach - bit of a joke as I'm the least sporty person and never played anything at school, and I may not be an expert, but I'm willing to give it a go.  So now what annoys me are the parents who moan about coaching etc from the sidelines but never volunteer.
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14431 on: May 15, 2014, 05:47:04 am »
A friend of mine makes these with young children . . I never had the chance for her to show me how it was done . . but here are the instructions!
http://eventstocelebrate.net/2014/01/make-3d-paper-snowflake/

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #14432 on: May 15, 2014, 06:10:47 am »
I have those earmarked gf and I did see that cake but way out of my league I'm thinking cupcakes instead of one big cake then if they don't want it they can take it home :D

Jo we are so behind the eight ball in Australia with Frozen party things and toys,  no doubt a week after our party I'll see it every where, spent yesterday at spotlight blue white and silver is the colour scheme food included.  I will definitely post some photos after the event :D

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14433 on: May 15, 2014, 06:16:28 am »
Suzanne - when I saw that cake my immediate thought was that it was a wedding cake . . .I'm sure the dad enjoyed creating it (was he a professional cake type person?) but for me it would be OTT for a young child.  Cupcakes are a great way to go . .! :D

*suzanne*

« Reply #14434 on: May 15, 2014, 06:29:50 am »
Apparently gf he has made all of her birthday cakes, a job well done but certainly a little over the top especially when they don't usually have room for cake anyway :D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14435 on: May 15, 2014, 09:53:52 am »
Lovely cake but Dad is going to have to come up with a doosie for her wedding cake if he makes her something so elaborate every birthday until then :-))

You will have to post some photos of your party Suzanne.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #14436 on: May 15, 2014, 12:32:54 pm »
That cake goes far beyond anything I ever made for the kids birthday parties.  :o

Judy Probus sounds great. Enjoy it.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #14437 on: May 15, 2014, 01:35:08 pm »
I'm so excited for you Suzanne. And just a little bit jealous. I really want girls themed parties, but the boys won't budge! Looking forwArd to the photos. Love frozen.

*suzanne*

« Reply #14438 on: May 15, 2014, 02:59:06 pm »
kimmy you could do frozen but with sven and olof as the main characters, it's by far the best Disney movie ever and thanks for your excitement and just a little bit frazzled :o

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14439 on: May 15, 2014, 05:24:46 pm »
The "Flag Iris" are flowering.The blue one was given to me by a dear friend who now is suffering from dementia.

The yellow/purple was given to me by a kind lady after I admired it growing in her garden.

This is a Clematis called "Montana Alba" Only planted it a couple of years ago but doing well where it's planted.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

mcmich

« Reply #14440 on: May 15, 2014, 08:24:59 pm »
Gorgeous, CC. I admire you ladies that have flowers growing in the garden.  :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14441 on: May 15, 2014, 11:24:01 pm »
Beautiful flowers Denise, the yellow Iris is gorgeous. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #14442 on: May 16, 2014, 12:17:05 am »
Wow CC, they are stunning! 

Yes, go on Kimmy!!  My DS loves Olaf the snowman and especially the song "In Summer" - the kinda operatic part at the end he really lets loose on LOL.

Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14443 on: May 16, 2014, 12:33:56 am »
Judy, that sounds wonderful. I am looking for something similar, unfortunately a little too young for probus.
CC, they are stunning, and even nicer when connected to friends.
Suzanne, looking forward to seeing your creation.
Denise

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #14444 on: May 16, 2014, 01:27:48 am »
lovely flowers CC
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url