Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6105960 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #14295 on: May 05, 2014, 01:29:55 pm »
Ah yes, the old wine decanters Sue - not much use for them nowadays is there?  Glad to hear of your allegiance to Port too  :-*

It seems like a few of us are visiting departmental offices.  Geoff turns 65 at the end of June so Centrelink want to change him over from the Disability Support Pension to an Aged Pension which is fair enough but they wanted identification (a bit hard to take him with me) after paying him a pension since 1987  :o  I obviously went there at a good tie, 4pm on a Friday, not a soul there so I only had a 10 minute wait but it's a nice big, fairly new office so I don't mind going there once in a blue moon.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #14296 on: May 05, 2014, 02:03:57 pm »
Judy, you were lucky to only have to wait for 10 mins.  Like Gert I have had to spend anything up to two hours at Centrelink just to deliver papers and ask for some advice.  The worst thing is you can't even make an appointment you just have to sit and wait. >:(
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14297 on: May 05, 2014, 02:13:46 pm »
No, I thought I would be able to make an appointment but they said no. I waited on the phone the other day for 45 minutes to be told that. I turned 65 and thought I would register to try and get a Commonwealth Seniors card, but first I have to wait and be told that I can't have a pension.  :-\ :-X :-X
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14298 on: May 05, 2014, 02:21:00 pm »
Judy, you were lucky to only have to wait for 10 mins.  Like Gert I have had to spend anything up to two hours at Centrelink just to deliver papers and ask for some advice.  The worst thing is you can't even make an appointment you just have to sit and wait. >:(

Here you  wait and then you are directed to a telephone on the premises and told to use that even though there are people behind desks  doing ???

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14299 on: May 05, 2014, 02:25:34 pm »
ummm.... :-\ :-\ :-\
Had an x ray and came home in a plaster cast.... :-[

Astarra, really sorry to hear this.  Seems Gert was spot on.  Do take good care of yourself.  Housework should be the last thing on your mind.   And I wouldn't be surprised if your little ones will want to help Mum all they can! :)
Thanks. too, for your "potato advice" - I certainly don't  need to do the kgs that you process, but whatever I buy now will be peeled and frozen! A really great way to cut down on spoilage and waste! Very much appreciated!!

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #14300 on: May 05, 2014, 11:43:53 pm »
Astarra, sorry to hear you have a plaster cast but hopefully it will mend sooner.  As others have said take it easy, I am sure you will have some willing helpers to help you  :)

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #14301 on: May 06, 2014, 12:00:37 am »
Gee, I go away for the weekend and can't quite catch up with everything in here...we are all so busy!

Astarra, do hope that you mend well and get everyone to pitch in and help. You may not like the way the dust bunnies gather under the table and in the corners - but you can make a game of it when you give a child the vaccy and get them to count how many they can suck up! If the clean washing is piled on the lounge you can say it is the "lounge-robe" and everyone has to find their own clothes...(I do that now and I don't have a broken anything  :-)) :-)) )

I've been catching up on washing from our w'end. Hubby was Extreme 4wd-ing in a comp and his team came equal 10th. They had a ball, laughed so much on each track we could hear them the whole time and didn't break anything major in the truck, just a winch rope and some gremlins got into the wiring courtesy of some very deep muddy smelly water (up to the window sills!) It was a good weekend.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14302 on: May 06, 2014, 01:46:54 am »
It sounds like a fun weekend end Nikkit. Especially for the boys. A friend of ours converted the farm Suzuki into a mud Suzuki but then he was transferred to Malaysia. I'm glad there was no series damage. The thought of deep, smelly muddy water doesn't do a lot for me. 
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #14303 on: May 06, 2014, 06:14:53 am »
sounds fun Nikkit
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14304 on: May 06, 2014, 08:54:51 am »
What a fun weekend for you all Nikkit :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #14305 on: May 06, 2014, 09:47:58 am »
Sounds fun, Nikkit.    :)
:D

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
« Reply #14306 on: May 06, 2014, 11:04:38 am »
DH has left again for another week or more :/ nevermind we are in the groove. Quiche in the fridge, leftovers that will make up for dinner tomorrow night after soccer, bought a $5 pizza today cheap Tuesday with work. Mainly to add something to lunches. School lunches made, homework done, a full day worked, washing off line, new gardens watered, kids in bed. Now I get to watch the last episode of secrets and lies :)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14307 on: May 06, 2014, 11:07:48 am »
A very busy day for you AINAID :o Enjoy your program you earned it ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #14308 on: May 06, 2014, 11:13:59 am »
It's lovely to have some "me time" INAID. Well earned  :D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14309 on: May 06, 2014, 12:54:40 pm »
Isn't it nice at the end of the day to finally sit down and put your feet up INAID?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.