Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7864918 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #40470 on: June 22, 2022, 12:23:05 am »
Chookie, if my posting put a smile on your face and brightened your day I am so pleased about that. Little things can do that during tough times which seem as though they’re never going to end.  Thank you so much for this update, I hold my breath waiting for them to appear so that I can share them with all those you know personally, our forumfesters. I agree with you in that what Ral wants, Ral can have as this treatment must be so hard for him. What a great team you have around you so that progress on the house sale can proceed, it certainly is something you couldn’t do on your own. I’d love to wrap my arms around both of you but a virtual hug it will have to be. Xx
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40471 on: June 22, 2022, 06:29:49 am »
Thanks Chookie. As I’ve said before you are both constantly in our thoughts. Sending you much love and hugs.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #40472 on: June 22, 2022, 08:46:38 pm »
Thanks for keeping in touch, Chookie.  Judy and Cookie have really said it all for me.  Like them, DH and I think of you both and send our love and hugs.  Hope the ongoing work to prepare the house for sale does not stress you too much, but it sounds like you have fantastic support there.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #40473 on: June 23, 2022, 01:31:59 pm »
Chookie so glad of the update . Ral is a trooper moving around the house solo great step forward . Lots of protein  I imagine that includes the special high protein drink boxes and Advil ( better than  Sustegen . Dare I say it but oysters are the best too high in omega and so good . Your support team sounds fabulous how lucky are you . Virtual hugs to you both .

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #40474 on: June 24, 2022, 07:05:59 am »
Chookie, thank you for the update on Ral.  We are thinking of you both and sending you virtual hugs.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #40475 on: June 28, 2022, 12:47:19 am »
Thanks again for all the good thoughts and wishes.
Finally some good news. 10 weeks ago we were looking at palliative care.  This past week we have had our first visitor, ( other than family). Ral walked without his 4 wheeler, around the Supermarket. He has been using a walking stick for short distances. He is standing up straighter. Has lost over 20 Ks. Not a bad thing . We drove to Creswick and had coffee. ( only 11 ks , but was out ) did some mowing on the ride on mower. ( I looked the other way) Doctor very cautious as even if Cancer reduced with this cycle of Chemo, it can return and he can’t have any more Chemo. However we will enjoy whatever we can. And yes, the Chemo is as bad as everyone says. 4 th of 8 doses next week.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40476 on: June 28, 2022, 03:19:46 am »
Oh Chookie, that is hope for you all. How wonderful. As you say, grab whatever you can. I’m sure Ral enjoyed his outing and even his time on the ride on mower. What a naughty boy, but who cares? As long as he feels well enough to have little escapades.
He is almost halfway with his chemo.
Love to you both and big hugs.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #40477 on: June 28, 2022, 04:57:59 am »
Cookie, that is wonderful news about Ral.  I'm sure he was glad to be able to get outside and enjoy himself. 
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40478 on: June 28, 2022, 10:00:43 am »
Oh Chookie that is a wonderful post, it brought a smile to my face and a tear to my eye. I can just picture Ral on the ride-on mower and it must have felt so good to him after all this time unable to do it. Good on you both for throwing caution to the wind and doing whatever you like, life is for the living. Xx

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #40479 on: June 28, 2022, 08:32:19 pm »
What wonderful news to wake up to this morning, Chookie.  Everything has been so hard and challenging for you both these past months that being able to get out and about and do everyday things is such a huge step forward and gives you both a touch of normality at this time.  As ever, we are with you in spirit and always have you in our thoughts. xxx
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #40480 on: June 30, 2022, 12:37:50 pm »
Chookie so pleased for you both , I couldn’t quite believe it and I too smiled at your adventures. Really so pleased for you both . Ral is made of tough stuff and so good to see he hopped on that lawnmower. Big hugs .

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #40481 on: July 02, 2022, 07:49:47 am »
Hello everyone,
Long time no post. But I just wanted to let Chookie know my thoughts and best wishes are with you and Ral. I too am having a fight with c, it is so hard for everyone involved, I hope you are doing ok Chookie xo
Amber
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40482 on: July 02, 2022, 08:55:20 am »
Hi Amber, so sorry to hear that - many on here know how hard it is and I’d like to pass on my very best wishes to you in your fight against this dreadful disease. Thanks for popping in, we do like to know how our members are going.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40483 on: July 02, 2022, 12:00:21 pm »
Oh Amber, how horrid for you. Be brave and fight hard. Your children must be growing up now. I think of you every time I make your pizza bases, which is usually twice a month. Sending lots of love over to you.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #40484 on: July 16, 2022, 10:16:01 pm »
Amber, thanks for your generous good wishes when you also are having your own battle. Keep strong.
Ral is continuing to improve gradually. He is frustrated that he can’t do more. The surgeon continues to remind him that it is amazing that he survived the operation and is responding well to the Chemo. We can’t risk going out with COVID and the flu every where. We celebrated French National day with a coffee and French  pastry, in the car.
The house is finally ready to go on the market. Photos were taken last week. We have had an amazing amount of help. Interesting that the photographer removed  the TMX from the prominent place where I  had placed it.
I made a Chocolate cake from the Forum to place on the bench. Last night I also made Pizza base in DD 31. I’ll try and post a photo of kitchen WITH TMX.
Thanks again to everyone for thinking of us.