Author Topic: Horrified. I swear I have never done this before.  (Read 24984 times)

jakodai

Re: Horrified. I swear I have never done this before.
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2012, 10:43:20 pm »
We have the RACV here in Victoria. I've never been a member though. My dad's a mechanic... :-) I have locked my keys in my car though, it was funny because I had keyless entry and still managed to do it. I left them in the boot... Lol. When I bought my new car a couple of years ago my dad took the spare key straight off me. Hehe. And the spare key to my apartment when I moved in, too. I haven't done it since, though. And I'm too scared and too careful to lose my apartment keys. If I lose them I can't get back into the building or up the elevator to my floor because we have electronic entry to the building. I also can't lock the apartment door without the key, so that has helped!

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2012, 12:53:26 am »
We have the RACV here in Victoria. I've never been a member though. My dad's a mechanic... :-)

Lucky you... I could use a mechanical dad :-)) I hardly know anything about cars. I do know that mine shouldn't have locked itself though :(

jakodai

« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2012, 12:54:40 am »
I hardly know anything about cars. I do know that mine shouldn't have locked itself though :(
It locked itself, huh?

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2012, 12:57:06 am »
Yep. Both sets of keys were in the car, so its impossible that I could have locked it.

jakodai

« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2012, 12:59:30 am »
Yep. Both sets of keys were in the car, so its impossible that I could have locked it.
Do you have keyless entry? With a lot of cars with keyless entry if you don't open the driver's door within a certain amount of time it locks itself again.

Question though, why were your SPARE set in your car? It kind of defeats the purpose of a spare set of keys...

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2012, 01:02:59 am »
Do you have keyless entry? With a lot of cars with keyless entry if you don't open the driver's door within a certain amount of time it locks itself again.

Question though, why were your SPARE set in your car? It kind of defeats the purpose of a spare set of keys...

My car is pretty old, so I don't think it would have somthing that sophisticated... :-))

LOL ;D My car is really dodgy. It only cost me $2000, and sometimes it decides not to work with a certain key and button-thing. So I always need to have both sets when I go out :-\

jakodai

« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2012, 01:05:16 am »
That's a bit of a pain. I don't have to worry about cars and keys anymore. I don't have a car anymore! lol. Did you end up getting it unlocked?

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2012, 01:30:46 am »
lol I would love not to need a car. I actually don't like them at all :P

Um... no, I didn't :-[ I rang the RAC and they said it was $150 call-out fee because I wasn't a member, but if I was a member with an upgraded membership I could get the service for free. So I applied for membership and upgraded it on the same day, so that should come into effect by tomorrow or Thursday. This way I'm covered if it ever happens again, which it probably will since my car is so #%$*.

I just have to keep an eye on my car in the meantime. Luckily in this weather the windows get frosty so you can't see inside it :-))

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2012, 03:06:21 am »
Good news Amy
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url