Author Topic: Isi´s easy Portuguese Rolls  (Read 201578 times)

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
Re: Isi´s easy Portuguese Rolls
« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2010, 05:26:45 am »
I have even got my local 'fruit and veg' shop at Yarraman to stock the Wallaby flour. And if you live in Toowoomba and have a ABN you can buy it direct from Cambell's the wholesalers.  ;)

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2010, 05:30:17 am »
I have even got my local 'fruit and veg' shop at Yarraman to stock the Wallaby flour. And if you live in Toowoomba and have a ABN you can buy it direct from Cambell's the wholesalers.  ;)
Hadn't thought to try there.  Do you know if the price is any good?  Some things at Campbell's are more expensive than the supermarkets.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline Woerd

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2010, 05:56:09 am »
I made this today.  I formed a loaf and the crust is nice and crunchy and the bread is so soft and fluffy.  The bread rose very nicely and it is DELICIOUS!!!!

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2010, 06:30:00 am »
Hadn't thought to try there.  Do you know if the price is any good?  Some things at Campbell's are more expensive than the supermarkets.
How much is it in Supermarket? Yarraman Fruit & Veg gave it to me for $10 (5kg) the 1st time as they were over there at Campbell's but now they transport it from Campbell's it is $12 so all I can think is it must be a little cheaper than that for the fruit shop to make a little profit.  :)

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2010, 07:12:48 am »
Thank you all and esp achookwoman and chelsea... I am breaded out this wk but will try again next weekend.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2010, 08:14:52 am »
courton,  sorry that you have had some difficulties with your bread making.    Give it a rest and have another go. t here is nothing wrong with Laucke Crusty white bread mix.  I have used it for years,  and also use it for making sour dough bread which can be even more temperamental than yeast bread.  I buy a 10k bag for $20 ,  this means that a loaf or 8 rolls of this recipe will cost $1 for the flour.    it contains no preservatives.   Some people have had difficulties with the bread not coming out of the bowl clean.   I have tried putting an extra 50g of flour into the bowl with the last 1 min. knead, helps.  You need to follow the recipe exactly because incorrect water will give you a sticky dough.   It should not stick to your hands.
When I make isi's rolls,  which should be fab., I put the flour in first,  then the 2 teasp. dried yeast, give it a zap ( to mix the yeast into the flour) add the honey to the warm water and stir with a spoon the tip it into the bowl.  Proceed as instructed.   I hope this helps,  please communicate , as this bread is very easy and very nice once you get it right

Offline foodiepep

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2010, 09:00:15 am »
I've just made my 3rd loaf from this recipe.  In the 2nd and 3rd loaves I used 100gms of wholemeal flour and 400g of plain flour and it came out on the TM very nicely.  I did find it was a bit sticky when I only used plain flour.

Offline KarenO

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2010, 09:36:04 am »
I made these today - Yum! 

They didn't turn out very crunchy, so I will leave them in for 25 minutes next time I make them.  They are the best homemade bread I have made yet though!

Thanks for sharing your recipes Isi, I can't wait to try the others :).
Karen   
Thermomix Consultant, WA

Offline isi

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2010, 10:26:31 am »
Glad you makd these rolls and of course that you like them!
Who does not get good results do not give up - patience is the science!

Tonight I will put a recipe that even for those who THINK THEY CANT BAKE BREAD will result!
Trust -  ;)
 :-* :-* :-* :-*

ISI

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2010, 10:34:14 am »
Good on you isi, ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2010, 10:41:34 am »
Can't wait ISI!!! :) :) :) :)

Offline alioop

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 01, 2010, 12:18:27 pm »
Can't wait ISI!!! :) :) :) :)
Me too   ;D ;D  I am on a mission to get bread loaf/rolls right as mine are still a bit heavy. I went out and bought some fresh yeast today, so will try that and hope that it gets me closer to light fluffy rolls  ;D.  I want to invest in a good bread tin with lid from All About Bread in Perth, but can't bring myself to spend the money unless I can make a decent bread first. 
From the beautiful South-West Western Australia!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 01, 2010, 01:11:42 pm »
Just reading about everyone making their bread makes me want to do some more but my cutlery drawer which has all the bigger items in it (like the bread knives) is stuck fast with something caught so unless I can borrow a bread knife from Mum, there is no point making bread at the moment.  We have tried everything to get it opened and I have called the company who installed it 7 years ago to see if they could offer any advice.  They can't get out just yet to have a look but if we haven't succeeded in opening it by next Monday, they will come out.  If and when I get this drawer open, I think I might have to cull a few items so this doesn't happen again.  I think they are going to have to dismantle part of the kitchen to get to it. 
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 09:09:32 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 01, 2010, 03:26:18 pm »
That is no good JD ??? Is it above other draws? If so have you tried taking out the draw below it and putting your hand up behind the back of the draw?
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 01, 2010, 03:29:05 pm »
What a pain Judy.  I hope they don't have to cause too much damage to get to it.  I have a tendency to overfill my drawer for big things too.  I've been warned!  :D