Author Topic: Keeping fit, staying strong  (Read 156756 times)

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
Re: Keeping fit, staying strong
« Reply #495 on: September 16, 2013, 06:56:28 am »
Yup the dog eats pears very carefully in his laws nibbling and leaving the cores. He is a picky feeder and takes all day to eat his dog food. We have tried about 6 varieties now .... But pears are nibbled on and off all day!

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 17, 2013, 09:41:43 pm »
Almost 11,000 steps today.  Over 5 miles, I like that thought! I think I like the pedometer as a comfort thing to know I am active enough on most days.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 17, 2013, 11:36:49 pm »
I find it amazing how much I can clock up some days without even leaving home!  Got to just over 9000 yesterday - DS went to a friends after school so I missed out my 3pm trip to school, which would definitely have got me there.

It's a beautiful day here today, so I think i might have to head out along the Esplanade for a walk.  ;D 
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 18, 2013, 09:20:24 am »
I have an app on my phone called "mapmyrun" although I never run anywhere :D :D I find it useful to see how far I walk with Chance.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline tarasis

• Stay at home dad with a Thermomix & 2 kids :)
    • View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #499 on: September 18, 2013, 09:25:06 am »
Nice, I don't think I would manage that much just pottering around the house. I don't do as much house stuff as I should and tend to collapse on the sofa. You probably did steal some of my steps the other day :)

That said my walking has been fine, went a little overboard yesterday and my morning walk ended up being 12.7km. By the end of the day I was on 26k steps, and 20.17km walked. Which was enough to get my my 500km badge and also my 50 flights of stairs in one day badge. Taking it slightly easier today and only walked about 6km.

@Doverjess I would never imagine a dog would eat pears, but then I wouldn't imagine the dog to eat a pair of glasses either which a friends puppy apparently did on Sunday. (Dog appears to be okay thankfully)

I have an app on my phone called "mapmyrun" although I never run anywhere :D :D I find it useful to see how far I walk with Chance.

I use Runkeeper for the same sort of thing but I don't run either. I just use it for the audio cues every 5 minutes to get a sense of pace, time and distance. I tried MapMyRun but didn't like it, bought WalkJogRun the other day for its route creation feature so I can get a quick feel for how long a route might take me if I took it.
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

http://tarasis.net

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 18, 2013, 09:36:47 am »
My DH downloaded for me Rob :D I'll keep in mind the one you prefer ;)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 22, 2013, 09:12:23 pm »
Slight lapse in daily exercises due to no rug on bedroom floor. Must try to do them again.
Fewer steps today too as fetching sheep. Tomorrow also long time in car. Essential.

Offline tarasis

• View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
Re:
« Reply #502 on: September 23, 2013, 09:27:41 am »
Likewise, only did 4.5k steps yesterday and until 8pm Saturday I only had 1.2k (though then I was out to make sure I got over the 10k).

Also lapsed a bit eating wise the last few days, eating about my theoretical intake as opposed to a 1000 calorie deficit. Plus a few more days drinking coke :/

Aiming for none today!
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 23, 2013, 10:36:03 pm »
Actually did quite well today despite 5 hrs in car. Gave dog good run before we went and then stripped wallpaper and cleared up tonight so lots of bending and stretching.

Edited for typo!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 09:59:29 pm by Droverjess »

Offline tarasis

• View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #504 on: September 24, 2013, 09:55:02 am »
Thumbs Up Droverjess!

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 24, 2013, 10:01:49 pm »
Thanks rob.
Back to over 10k steps today, and managed so exercises this am. Little steps again it seems life gets in the way of healthy things!

Offline tarasis

• View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #506 on: September 25, 2013, 08:51:16 pm »
I apparently have been doing progressively less each day for the last three days. 26k, 20k, and 16k today though that is largely a product of the poor weather.

The walking is improving my fitness a bit, I manage to run yesterday for 0.5km without stopping which is quite an improvement. Still don't enjoy running or the feeling of my body as it bounces up and down.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 25, 2013, 09:43:18 pm »
good walking going on
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 25, 2013, 09:50:19 pm »
 Almost 9km (5.3 miles) today just on the place and around the house and garden, plus a wee trip to Aldi. Amazing.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 25, 2013, 10:02:36 pm »
Well done DJ and Tarasis, it's great being able to see how active you are and increase where needed.  Tarasis, thats a lot of km's each day - well done.