Author Topic: TM5  (Read 276737 times)

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
Re: TM5
« Reply #525 on: November 04, 2014, 09:36:18 am »
I agree with Katie...wonder you have been more than patient. Ring Perth, ring Melbourne and ring your consultant so she can ring head office too. No harm in a few phone calls. This is the age of tracking. Someone somewhere knows exactly where your machine currently is.

I agree ring them all and keep ringing till you get this sorted. Its not good enough.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #526 on: November 04, 2014, 11:38:14 am »
I can't believe that Perth is getting away with all of this.
First, suggesting that Amex requires $50 extra seems to be extortionate. I'd be insisting on seeing a separate invoice from them.
I also find it impossible to believe that they entrust such an expensive article to Australia Post without registering it which makes it completely trackable.
Wonder, if I were you I'd be on the phone and speaking very firmly to Perth, the consultant (regardless of how nice she is, she is the salesperson) and Australia Post. I'd also be making lots of notes and reporting this whole mess to the ACCC.
And demanding a refund commensurate with however much interest you've paid.
I'm a little surprised at the level of disrespectful behaviour which purchasers are prepared to put up with from this company.
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline turando

• View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 04, 2014, 12:16:55 pm »
Amanda - were you told that AMEX will be sending you a bill of $50? The consultant should have explained that there is a $50 charge that is added to your total if you use AMEX. AMEX generally has higher fees for companies and that's why a lot of places don't accept it or put a fee if you want to use it. It's something you agree to when you sign the order form.

The thermomix is trackable through Australia Post but even with trackable items if they are missing in between it's a matter of figuring out where they are and that requires Australia Post to investigate. I've done a lot of online selling over the years and it can be a huge headache dealing with them too.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 04, 2014, 12:30:34 pm »
Here I was happily cooking the Healthy Roast Chicken for dinner tonight, but then it just shutdown.  Error message C160. Cannot continue cooking in T5. That's where a backup machine comes into its own and stops me from spitting feathers. Off to get tweaked tomorrow. My consultant is really good and got back to me straightaway.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 04, 2014, 12:35:07 pm »
Oh no CP :o :o You have me very nervous now :-X Do you actually know what's wrong?
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #530 on: November 04, 2014, 07:48:07 pm »
Oh hell, CP.
Yesterday made 2. Lots of bread, pumpkin soup from chip and pumpkin risotto served with pan fried pork , pumpkin and asparagus. All good and easy.
Finding lid easier to clean, blades very sharp, same amount of noise. 

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 04, 2014, 08:21:04 pm »
Yep, I am finding blades very sharp, easier to clean, but get frustrated with waiting to open the lid.
CP I hope your gets fixed.

Wonder Apost can still track parcels. who signed for it.., keep ringing HO.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 04, 2014, 08:33:30 pm »
Oh no CP, hope it's sorted quickly.

Amex definitely do charge higher fees than Visa & MasterCard and its not unusual for companies to charge a higher credit card surcharge for Amex.

My TM5 arrived last night, my first impression is I like it. Probably won't get to use it fully until the weekend now.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 04, 2014, 08:38:52 pm »
Enjoy your new TM5 Katie :-*
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 04, 2014, 08:39:36 pm »
I spoke with the Perth office yesterday and the same story as the Melbourne office - until Australia post can identify where the parcel is or declare it lost there is nothing they can do. They can't arrange a new machine to be sent until Australia post declare it lost as their system doesn't allow them to 'pick' another machine for a customer until less the first order is cancelled which can't be done until they have confirmation!! I told them that unless they can clarify for me how long I might have to wait (at the end of this week it will be double the number of work days I was told when I ordered), I want compensation for them charging my credit card. The person on the phone wasn't able to help at all and told me she would have a supervisor call me back by end of business yesterday which of course they didn't. looks like I'll have to waste more time today  :-\

On the Amex front, this is an additional fee charged by Amex to the suppliers for utilising their payment system above and beyond that which other banks charge. Many places refuse Amex because of this and there is no way you could get an invoice from Amex as it's part of the overall costs charged by Amex to Vorwerk Australia.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 04, 2014, 08:45:31 pm »
Sorry to hear of the hassle you are having Wonder. :-*

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #536 on: November 04, 2014, 08:55:16 pm »
Wonder,  I think you need to request a time frame for 'lost'.  With the parcel I sent OS. it was 6 months . You have done well to get the info you have obtained. Sounds like the Post process is Perth to Melbourne depot, ( mine was Tullarmarine)' then post to consultants nearest PO.

Katie,  you will have fun.  Not hard to learn the new tricks.  If you spill stuff and it runs down the bowl and the machine stops,  don't lay it on its side or back.  Clean it up and let it sit for 24 hours.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 04, 2014, 08:57:02 pm »
You must be p***ed off by now, big time .

« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 10:26:55 pm by judydawn »
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #538 on: November 04, 2014, 09:01:25 pm »
Uni, luckily for me I'm pretty laid back and I still have my TM31 so while I'm a little annoyed I'm OK but if  I can't get a timeframe and it takes much longer I will really get annoyed an consider just cancelling the order altogether and stick with what I've got. What probably annoys me more, is the low life that has actually stolen it from Australia Post. Apologies to anyone whose family or friends work as Australia post delivery people, but I've had too many issues with them over the last few years which leaves me wondering about the morals of the individuals they employ.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #539 on: November 04, 2014, 09:08:52 pm »
how does the cooling off thing work for date that u signed the paperwork or from delivery
i don't need a recipe i'm italian