Author Topic: TM5  (Read 276277 times)

Offline lonnie

• View Profile
Re: TM5
« Reply #270 on: October 07, 2014, 09:28:54 am »
That's good news Lonnie.Have fun  ;D

Thank you Denise, I've had fun with it today :)

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 07, 2014, 09:57:25 am »
CC is there any of this happening in the UK?  I read on Facebook today someone asking unhappy thermomix people to go to a site and lower the rating of the machine. I think it's getting a bit silly.  Customer service certainly isn't very good and should get improved but the machine is wonderful.  Just interested to see if UK has "run" out also?
Denise

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 07, 2014, 10:59:24 am »
I don't know if there is a problem with delivery here Denise.Maybe Nik might know.When I ordered mine it arrived within 48 hours.I'm still waiting for my second bowl though.I have paid for it but when I phoned recently they have no idea when they will be in stock.I did ask if we were talking weeks or months and he had no idea :-))
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Essie

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 07, 2014, 02:29:21 pm »
I called today as I never received the welcome email and had no paperwork (gorgeous newbie consultant). The poor lady sounded really frazzled when I picked up the phone. In any case it took a phonecall and a couple of  emails to sort out a mismatched email address but by the end I had a reply on a direct email account from the customer service person.
Sure I am not happy about the wait, but I am two weeks closer to getting my first thermomix then I was two weeks ago.
I just hope that they also pay my consultant at the end of the month as he had to perform at my demonstration..and if he has to wait for payment till delivery that does not seem fair.
Does anyone know how that part works?

Offline turando

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 07, 2014, 02:53:43 pm »
Consultants get paid at the start of each month for the previous month so he will get paid his commission :) If you did 3 part payment then he gets paid over 2 payments from memory instead of one whole payment (one half at the first and 2nd half on your last payment).

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #275 on: October 07, 2014, 09:25:38 pm »
I've asked for a second bowl but told not until next year.  Will be pleased to get mine whenever it arrives.  No hurry,  still love my 31.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 07, 2014, 11:23:02 pm »
Sadly, this thread is beginning to sound like the earlier one that was terminated ... nothing good being said about TM in Australia.  I have said this before, and would be happy to be proven incorrect, but I believe it is not exactly legal for money to be taken before an order is despatched.  I am very sorry to hear all these upset members, it certainly leaves a bitter taste in your mouth and it must be so very disappointing for you all after all the hype.  I am more than happy with my TM31 and see no reason to change it, but understand how all those waiting for the TM5 must be feeling.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 08, 2014, 12:21:34 am »
I think we are all pretty happy with our wonderful Thermomix no matter what the number. We are a pretty well balanced group I think except a few who are totally unbalanced as we know which makes the balanced ones  a bit more off side than the unbalanced ones if you know your scales.

I do believe I know which side I fall or rise on as the case may be.

Gert

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 08, 2014, 12:22:11 am »
Yesterday's issue re the seal fiasco.

http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/1063922

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 08, 2014, 12:27:49 am »
I agree I would not be the happiest with the wait either ,but it just reminds me of miss3 and her starting Kinder...as the cut off date here in Tas is 1st Jan, and she won't be 4 til the 10th of Jan, she is only going into pre-kinder next year, when her little friend who is just 11 days older will be starting kinder.... and it really is not going to matter. (tho the kinder teachers have told me she is well and truely ready for kinder, the cut of date is there and I can't do a thing about it so we wait and get on with life) :D
Sorry, bit OT I know  :-[
:D

Offline Shellbo

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 08, 2014, 01:18:11 am »
Does anyone know what the October offer is? Or is it the same as September until they increase the price and have a November offer??
I'm wanting to buy one, but trying to figure out the timing to benefit me most.
Thanks

Offline bluebear_74

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 08, 2014, 01:47:16 am »
Does anyone know what the October offer is? Or is it the same as September until they increase the price and have a November offer??
I'm wanting to buy one, but trying to figure out the timing to benefit me most.
Thanks
Have TM always had an offer every single month?

I have a feeling there might not be any offers for awhile because their selling so many right now. Why give something free to entice people when there are already lots of people "enticed" and they don't have to? If they do, I don't think it'll be till they catch up with their backlog of orders. I could be wrong though.

Naturalmumma

« Reply #282 on: October 08, 2014, 02:26:05 am »
I am on the verge of cancelling mine & buying a second hand one. They may be great machines but I am not willing to be given a different story or unclear answers from a company. After getting an email Friday telling me it was being picked now told wait till Friday to see if I will get an email as if I have to wait 5 to 8 weeks. I'm sorry I am just not willing to line the pockets of such a dishonest company regardless of it being the bees knees of kitchen appliances.

Offline ThermomixBlogger

• Thermomix blogging fan from Canada.
    • View Profile
    • SuperKitchenMachine is an unofficial fan blog for fun cooking with Thermomix!
« Reply #283 on: October 08, 2014, 03:04:14 am »
This has always been a great forum, but this thread in particular is fantastic. I find that each reply is more interesting than the previous! I love how all perspectives seem to be "spot on!" ... even the OT comment above about kids in Kinder, while off topic did make total sense and relates perfectly to the situation. As noted, this is such a reasonable and "balanced" bunch (more or less, as noted by Gretchen!), it makes for such an awesome support group. :-*

I'm watching things unfold from my seat in Canada which some people say is an enviable position. I can tell you though, that it too has its complications: demonstrators here have been told the machine is coming but no idea when. No month, no year even. :-)) With the overwhelming shortages in other countries it makes me wonder how they will ever get around to making them for the Canadian market. We are such a teeny tiny market, it's not surprising that we should come last, but it would be nice to know "when", so that consultants could tell their prospective clients something at least.

I'm a little bit surprised that Vorwerk is unprepared for the sales volume generated by the TM5. I read somewhere that there have been about 12,000 sold in AU in the first month. Is this surprising? I think not, given that most consultants a) need to get the new machine or b) want the new machine. And how many consultants are there in AU? If we do the math, these sales figures are not that surprising at all. (imho)
ThermomixBlogger Helene

News, recipes and videos for Thermomix fans
around the world and at home.
Click: http://www.superkitchenmachine.com

Also Kitchen Kits for people who love Thermomix!
http://SuperKitchenKits.com

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 08, 2014, 03:17:55 am »
Is that your crystal "bowl" you are holding up there, Helene?
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.