Author Topic: TM5  (Read 276334 times)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Re: TM5
« Reply #210 on: October 04, 2014, 03:59:00 am »
that is simply wrong to be finding errors already. one would think that every recipe in the book and chip would be thoroughly checked a hundred times over before release. I hope they rectify this error by sending everyone afffected a  new chip once the errors have been corrected  >:( >:( >:(
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 04, 2014, 04:12:35 am »
this is no difffernt to any other cookbooks on the market, they all have mistakes in them. I read an article once which said that 10% of recipes in cookbooks have some sort of error, apparently some of Nigellas books have up to 30%!!!! It was one of my concerns when I heard about the chip.

Offline bluebear_74

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 04, 2014, 04:59:02 am »
Apparently mine has been sent yesterday, so I'm assuming Monday/Tuesday will be delivered.
When did you order yours? I saw people who ordered once it came out started getting there's but I didn't order till the 21st :(

Alas sometimes mistakes aren't picked up which I learnt first had. I sent a bunch of packaging to print the other day and afterwards when it was too late my Malaysian coworker picked up I was missing the R in source. So next time your at Woolies or Coles and see "souce" it was probably me :P

I do remember a story about a recipe in a magazine that called for 10 tbsps of nutmeg instead of 1 and the whole family died :(

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 04, 2014, 05:34:39 am »
that is simply wrong to be finding errors already. one would think that every recipe in the book and chip would be thoroughly checked a hundred times over before release. I hope they rectify this error by sending everyone afffected a  new chip once the errors have been corrected  >:( >:( >:(

Editors and proofreaders should pay for the cost of rectifying this nonsense out of their own paypacket . . . there should be a relationship between author editor and a TEAM of proofreaders . . even more so these days when computers can decide to hiccup or have a hissy fit.  Just my (not so) humble opinion  :-))

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 04, 2014, 05:48:04 am »
Back again, I googled Nutmeg and have been side tracked , some interesting reading.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 04, 2014, 10:02:49 am »
this is no difffernt to any other cookbooks on the market, they all have mistakes in them.

To a point, yes and to err is only human. However these recipes have been reprinted and reprinted over the years. How long would it take 2 people to read through a recipe slowly and thoroughly and ensure it was correct both in the book and chip?? One of their marketing points is that its ideal for those who can't cook, and all you have to do is follow the chip instructions. This is a revolutionary item they are selling and its beyond me that they've launched it to the world with basic inaccuracies.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 04, 2014, 10:14:01 am »
Each recipe in the book should be made by at least 2 independent people to prevent errors. It isn't good enough.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline turando

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 04, 2014, 11:06:20 am »
For those wondering I'm still waiting for an order for a customer from the 11th of Sept (no finance paid up front in full etc). I really hope that is not going to be a 6-8 week wait but will find out next week when the 20 days is up.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 04, 2014, 12:34:04 pm »
The devil is in the detail. There are no copy editors , copy readers, double checking or common sense these days. We all know many of the recipes  Vorwerk keep flogging are crap and so many of the recipes posted  in the  recipe community are utter nonsense. Thank goodness for us, our openness and honesty. 

People blatantly take our recipes , add a teaspoon of this or that, steal our photos and claim them as their own.  The way of the world.

Gert

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #219 on: October 04, 2014, 01:39:56 pm »
Australian Women's Weekly prides itself in triple testing it's recipes... And you know what, they always work!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 04, 2014, 01:47:34 pm »
Yes, they do and it's not a hard thing to do. It's annoying tho that these recipes have been triple tested and a lot more besides to be chosen for the basic cookbook and chip, yet there are errors in the proofing. WW never have errors in thus dept either. Just putting it lightly, you would hope that Vorwerk are paying for professional services rather than getting the girl on work experience to do this.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 04, 2014, 09:38:31 pm »
My take on this is if they are saying you can cook from the chip, how frustrating it is now to have to check if there's any corrections (go to the book and see if you've amended the recipe in there as unable to do so on the chip) and follow that instead of what the chip is saying, defeats the purpose I think!

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 04, 2014, 10:24:08 pm »
My take on this is if they are saying you can cook from the chip, how frustrating it is now to have to check if there's any corrections (go to the book and see if you've amended the recipe in there as unable to do so on the chip) and follow that instead of what the chip is saying, defeats the purpose I think!

And can be a waste of expensive ingredients.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #223 on: October 04, 2014, 10:28:36 pm »
Defeats the purpose of upgrading!

Offline Chocolatte

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 04, 2014, 11:02:14 pm »
Australian Women's Weekly prides itself in triple testing it's recipes... And you know what, they always work!

I love AWW recipes. I wish they would put out a cookbook for Thermomix and similar machines. Probably not enough demand for it to be viable for AWW though.