Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6134208 times)

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #8130 on: April 14, 2013, 06:41:19 am »
Well, it's been a crazy weekend here - football yesterday (DS playing, me coaching with DD "assisting") and then a birthday party for DS's friend.  Followed by dinner at SIL's last night.

Then today we've been over at MIL & FIL's place having a working bee while they are on holiday in Melbourne. DH has taken our their woodburner and is putting in a heat pump instead.  And while we were waiting for plaster to dry, we got stuck into the gardens.  They will be in for a surprise when they get back!! 

Now DD & DH are out together, so just me and DS home, starting on dinner and baking (giving some baking to a friend who just had a baby, plus taking a plate for morning tea tomorrow, plus the usual bread rolls for lunches).

Phew, we will all sleep well tonight!  :D
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #8131 on: April 14, 2013, 06:46:00 am »
I am exhausted just reading about your day jo well done!!!!

Total opposite here as a very lazy sunday here due to over indulgence of white wine last night  ;D

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #8132 on: April 14, 2013, 07:20:45 am »
Bits and pieces today but still a quiet day.

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #8133 on: April 14, 2013, 07:55:30 am »
I declared a ban on "screens" today so kids & I have been busy pottering around, cooking, housework, walking dog etc. Then this arvo sneaky little devils said they were going next door... to watch a movie no doubt! So I've been on my phone reading the forum lol. So much for no screens! We made it until 3pm, that's a win in my book.
Melbourne, inner north

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #8134 on: April 14, 2013, 09:19:38 am »
definitely a win deedub once a week we try it too

everyone has been busy hopefully everybody who had too much wine last night are feeling okay ;D;D

cooking today whilst a friend and kids were over made her a slice to take home  our dh's are out on a boat fishing catching our dinner we hope ;D

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #8135 on: April 14, 2013, 12:12:14 pm »
I like the sound of the other stuff Astarra ;) ;D

DH's birthday today. Children were so excited to open his present for him!  A hamper with 40 things in it because he turned 40. Was DS5's idea. It took us a while to thing of different things, but we got there.  Lunch with family and lots of forum food ;)  Great day, but stuffed and tired now :D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8136 on: April 14, 2013, 01:23:07 pm »
We had a Model A run this morning. Went down the coast and ended up at Perth's light aircraft airport. It was fun. We had to stop along the way as the car was running on only 3 cylinders. DH found it was a 'bad' spark plug, so he changed it and we were off again flat out at 40 miles per hour.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8137 on: April 14, 2013, 01:25:37 pm »
What a great idea Deedub especially coming from a 5 year old  8)  Happy 40th birthday to your DH.

Glad to hear DH carries spares Cookie, it would be terrible if you broke down miles from home.

I came home a bit earlier from the hospital today so that I could watch the football - glad I did as my team won  ;D
Tonight I cleaned out the fridge and also did the cupboard under the sink.  Last night I defrosted the little freezer and threw out heaps of stuff which is too old and I won't be eating now - nice and tidy with room to spare in there now.  Lots more of these type of jobs to do as soon as I can get to them.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 02:33:12 pm by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #8138 on: April 14, 2013, 03:08:07 pm »
sounds like a great day kimmy and a very novel idea for dh's present

mcmich

« Reply #8139 on: April 14, 2013, 05:34:31 pm »
Well, it's been a crazy weekend here - football yesterday (DS playing, me coaching with DD "assisting") and then a birthday party for DS's friend.  Followed by dinner at SIL's last night.

Then today we've been over at MIL & FIL's place having a working bee while they are on holiday in Melbourne. DH has taken our their woodburner and is putting in a heat pump instead.  And while we were waiting for plaster to dry, we got stuck into the gardens.  They will be in for a surprise when they get back!! 

Now DD & DH are out together, so just me and DS home, starting on dinner and baking (giving some baking to a friend who just had a baby, plus taking a plate for morning tea tomorrow, plus the usual bread rolls for lunches).

Phew, we will all sleep well tonight!  :D

What a lovely thing to do for your in-laws Jo. Lucky them to come back to a new heater and freshly tended gardens.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #8140 on: April 14, 2013, 08:01:41 pm »
Walked an hour this morning, cooked lunch.

Pulled down new blankie this arvo as decided it was all wrong. Pulled out three balls of wool and rewound them. DH held the blankie as we unravelled it. Studied instructions and practiced and now started again, and going better.
This is what I am following http://www.aestheticnest.com/2012/03/hoh-in-crochet-easy-baby-afghan.html

Sore throat still bothering me, but taking garlic and echinacea to try to mitigate. Fingers crossed.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8141 on: April 14, 2013, 08:28:37 pm »
DJ -Looking forward to seeing this when it's finished. :D  I do hope you can throw off this persistent bug soon . . it must be really wearing you down . .  :(

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8142 on: April 15, 2013, 12:48:22 am »
That will grow very quickly DJ, lovely colours.  Get well soon  :-*
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #8143 on: April 15, 2013, 01:34:00 am »
Get well soon DJ
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #8144 on: April 15, 2013, 03:59:38 am »
those colours are very Australian DJ, hope you are thinking of us as you knit the stitches in  :D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand