Author Topic: Beetroot salad with honeyed pecans and raspberries - Tenina's Merry Christmas  (Read 8090 times)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
Made both the salad and Raspberry Balsamic Reduction today.

All the different elements came together to make a lovely and different salad, one that I will make again for sure because I loved it.

The creaminess of the torn bocconcini with the sweetness of the honeyed pecans, raspberries and beetroot went so well with the onion, greens and drizzle of reduction.

I decided to serve it with a Za’atar (Yotam Ottolenghi) rubbed salmon fillet to make the meal more filling, and again this went so well with it.

I used fresh raspberries,  I just think they are nicer than using frozen ones in this dish.  Crusty bread to mop up the juices really topped it off.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 06:25:28 am by JulieO »

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
We had this lovely salad on Christmas Day.... Fresh raspberries too.. It was terrific!!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
This really looks appetising. Not sure if I would splurge on fresh raspberries though. I'm a cheapskate and won't pay $10 for them.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
Cookie, are they $10/punnet over there?  :o  I got some really lovely ones for $4/punnet from Woolies, you don't need more than the 1, in fact I've still a few left over.  I have been snacking on the honeyed nuts though.  ;D

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
Made this last night but used feta instead of boccincini and didn't add the raspberries, and used baby spinach as the green. Was enjoyed by all particularly the nuts.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
I've used this recipe a number of times over the last 12 months and it's always been a hit. It's an easy but impressive salad to make in a short amount of time if you have access to the ingredients. Last night I did exactly as per the recipe using frozen raspberries, but I have been making it with feta, pomegranate and pomegranate molasses and that's liked equally as well.

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
I love the sound of this salad - not sure how I missed it before ???  I have been given some fig balsamic vinegar that I have never used (not quite sure how to) - would it be OK on this recipe instead of the raspberry balsamic reduction do you think?
Karen in Adelaide

Offline YvonneBr

• View Profile
I love the looks and description of this salad! Seems really lovely, but I can't buy the book here in Holland. Is it possible to post the recipe? Would be very appreciated!

Bonsai

Hi Yvonne - this recipe is from an e-book which you can get on Tenina's website (tenina.com) so I expect you can download it. The book is called Merry Christmix

Offline YvonneBr

• View Profile
Oké, thans, i'll try☺️

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Yvonne this is Tenina's contact details.There are three e-books in total plus an app called Dinner Spinner.They are wonderful recipes developed by Tenina.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline YvonneBr

• View Profile
Thanks every one, I found the recipe on the internet.😊

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
Karen, I'm sure that would be fine to use. I've used a few dressings and have all been good.

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
Thanks Wonder - I am making this salad today, and when I tried to make the balsamic reduction it got waaaaay to thick and smelt burnt and went all sticky like jam, so I am going to use the fig balsamic anyway!  Not sure what I did wrong with the reduction though  ??? ???  Will have to give it another try another day.
Karen in Adelaide

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Don't cook it as long Karen.  It thickens more once cooled so take it off when it's only a little syrupy.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.