Author Topic: Hi..  (Read 7831 times)

Offline 3J

• View Profile
Hi..
« on: May 08, 2012, 11:08:10 am »
Hi all.., i'm a mother from 3 children and lived in Sydney. i'm still new for this forum but not really new as a TM user, since i've been using it for almost 2 years. I found this forum really usefull for me, a lot of recipes that i can try..,last March i made cup cakes and decorate with the icing for my 6th yo son's bday celebration at his school, that's the 1st time for me making the cup cakes with icing..thanks to the forum..'cause i found the recipe of both cup cake and the icing from here.. :)
Now, i asking for help..to anyone who have recipe for egg, nut and milk free cake/bread, could you please to share with me..? 'cause i suspect that my 3rd child (the 1 and only daughter) is allergic with egg,nut,and milk. She's 21 months old and since last Feb. got a skin problem..we've went to the dermatologist 2 times but the skin problem still not solved until now. The dermatologist said that the allergic test only can show the correct result at least when she is 2 years old. So, now i try to avoid the food that content of those 3 ingredients.
Highly appreciate for any help.

Cheers..

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Re: Hi..
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 11:17:36 am »
Welcome to the forum 3J, sorry I can not help you with your recipe enquiries , but I'm sure some one will be able to point you in the right direction..
Must be frustrating trying to work out what the problems are. But I guess if you eliminate these ingredients and it makes a difference then your on the right track.
Good luck :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 11:20:02 am »
Hello 3J, welcome to the forum.  One of our dedicated forum members has not long ago compiled lists from some of the books available from your consultant or Head Office in Australia which may be of use to you with your DD.  Check them out here..

Quirky Jo's blog also has recipes which may help you. Lots of reading and recipes there for you to do.

This chocolate cake might fit the bill too.  Check out the recipes in our Special Diets section on the home page.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 11:22:49 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 11:31:18 am »
Hello and welcome to the forum 3J. Happy Thermomixing xxxx
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 11:49:44 am »
Welcome to the forum 3J, most of the bread recipes dont contain those 3 ingredients, i will keep an eye out for you.

where in syd r u? , i am in concord 
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 12:27:58 pm »
Hi and welcome 3J to the forum. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

mcmich

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 09:18:47 pm »
Hello and welcome to the forum 3J. Hope the recipes help with your daughters allergies.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 09:24:21 pm »
Hi 3J and welcome.  Try looking through the vegan section as well, there may be some recipes there that can help, but I always turn to Quirky Jo's blog which is a hugely helpful resource.  My husband recently overcame his skin condition by becoming lactose (dairy) free and he is so happy now, so it is worth trying to find alternatives and checking them out.  Just do it slowly, though, and one thing at a time, otherwise the 'results' may be confusing.

Good luck with everything.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 01:09:36 am »
Hello 3J and welcome to the forum.   :)
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline desi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 05:03:58 am »
Hi 3j and welcome to the forum.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2012, 07:33:50 am »
Welcome 3J,  leave out the nuts, use egg replacement and rice or soya milk.  My GD had the egg problem and we all ate egg free until she turned 6,  and then it disappeared.  As Uni says most of the bread recipes don't have any of these things. 

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2012, 09:20:10 am »
Hi J3, My GS nearly 2 has an egg allergy too, I hope he out grows it like Chookies GS, you have to be so careful before you give him something, first in the family to have a food allergy.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2012, 02:25:33 am »
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2012, 01:13:48 pm »
A belated welcome 3J.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline RosieB

• DGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2012, 08:35:23 am »
Hi, and welcome 3J.
Rosalie, from the Sunshine Coast, Qld.
Retired, full time carer for my 8YO Grandson with Asperger's Syndrome. 
I love gardening and cooking.