Author Topic: Waiting for my Tmx.  (Read 6950 times)

Offline Abigail

• View Profile
Waiting for my Tmx.
« on: December 29, 2011, 08:56:40 pm »
Hi I ordered my Thermomix just before Christmas and I can't wait till it arrives. I was very impressed with the demo and decided to buy next day. I felt a little guilty as there are only the two of us at home but I still enjoy cooking for the kids when they come over. Also I want to get a lot healthier. Looking forward to starting this new adventure. I am in Geelong.

Offline knittercook

• View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Waiting for my Tmx.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 09:35:40 pm »
Hi Abigail and welcome!  The wait is agonising, isn't it  :'(

I know of an elderly lady and her daughter who purchased one and it has transformed their cooking and made life so much easier for them and I am sure you will find the same.
Seize the moment.  Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.  ~Erma Bombeck

my blog http://shazknit.blogspot.com

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 09:49:55 pm »
Hello Abigail, welcome to the forum. There are just 2 of us here too (and in many other TMX households) so if you don't want too many leftovers just halve the recipes where you can (reducing chopping and mixing times by 20%) or freeze things for those days you are too busy to cook or just plain don't feel like it.  You will find with the TMX that you do always want to cook though.  Hope you don't have to wait too long for delivery.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 03:06:00 am »
Welcome to the forum Abigail.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 04:50:21 am »
Hi and welcome Abigail. As Judy mentioned your freezer will eat well too. You will find yurself making all sorts of new things.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 10:47:52 am »
Welcome to the forum Abigail.You will have so much fun cooking when your TM arrives, that guilty feeling will disappear. ;)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

mcmich

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 06:45:28 pm »
Welcome to the forum. We are a two person household as well and Thermomix makes everything much easier especially after working and when the children drop in.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 11:21:40 am »
Hi Abigail, I'm just a one person household, no quilty feelings here, it has renewed my interest in cooking, I was getting lazy and not cooking properly, I just half the recipes or pass them on to family, neighbours and friends who call in, I can't praise TMX enough, love it, and this forum.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2012, 01:41:50 am »
Have you heard when it will be arriving Abigail?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Abigail

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2012, 06:04:39 am »
No, the demonstrator couldn't give me any idea when it would be arriving. She said she had never had anyone order this close to Christmas before! My daughter ordered one too so looking forward to sharing the journey with her. I would have loved to have the Tmx today as no bread shops open and my Dh was wanting fresh bread rolls and scones.

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 12:10:46 am »
Abigail, the office reopens tomorrow and will be working hard processing those orders received over Christmas, so have patience.  :)
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 02:20:44 am »
Congratulations Abigail and enjoy all those new culinary creations you will be making. If anything I find that  cooking with the thermomix is perfect for even one or two people ( my kids have such small appetites that effectively I only cook for my husband and myself anyway) as you are far more likely to cook a lovely meal given how easy everything is in the thermomix whereas before getting it I might not have bothered as much to go to the trouble of creating a similar meal. It makes
you feel healthier and at least you know what is going into your food.
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2012, 08:26:39 pm »
Welcome to the forum Abigail, hopefully by this  weekend you will be very busy making fresh bread rolls and scones. ;D
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Abigail

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2012, 09:51:06 pm »
My daughter is getting her TMX today. Oh the excitement. Mine is due in about a week so will have to enjoy seeing what she creates.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2012, 09:59:10 pm »
That's good news for your daughter Abigail.Will you be there ;D Fingers crossed yours will be here soon. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.