Author Topic: where to buy used thermomix tm 21 or 31 110V  (Read 9959 times)

Offline natasha_p

• View Profile
where to buy used thermomix tm 21 or 31 110V
« on: January 02, 2010, 08:52:22 pm »
Hi,

I am based in Boston, MA, USA and am looking for a used/resale Thermomix TM21 or 31 that will work in the US (110V).  I'd really appreciate any suggestions where I could buy one.  I have searched on ebay (and ebay Canada) and all they have are the European standard models.  I know I can buy a new one from Canada but I'm looking to save some money by buying used.  I have used the Thermomix TM31 in Spain and love it!  Thank you so much for you help!

Alternatively, has anyone used the European model in the US with a converter?  How large is the converter and does it work well?

Thank you!

NP

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
Re: where to buy used thermomix tm 21 or 31 110V
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 09:05:01 pm »
On the following site, scroll nearly to the bottom of the page.
hanns posted on November 8, 2009  his solution to using a unit purchase in Italy with 110 A/C.
http://reallyrome.com/blog/2007/07/11/its-the-bimby-and-it-does-everything/
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline foodiepep

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 01:42:42 pm »
Hi
I'm not sure where you can buy the Thermomix 2nd hand from but some important model information I have learnt for you: The TM21 does not have a reverse function on it. (means it stirs instead of chopping continually)

I have ordered my Thermomix TM31 and should receive it this week, so maybe one of the regular uses will be able to explain why this is such a great benefit.  You see TM21's on eBay in Europe because people are wanting to upgrade to get this feature.

Offline msteen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 12:18:53 am »
Hello Natasha, are you still looking for a TM 21? I'm moving back to Germany and I'm trying to sell mine. I bought it in 2005, it works great and I would love to take it, but unfortunately it will not work there. Let me know! greetings, ms

Offline lcohn27

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 09:59:58 pm »
msteen,

Were you able to sell your Thermomix?  I am in the market for a used Thermomix.  I heard about this machine while in Spain. From all my internet searches it seems as if this is the best kitchen appliance ever. However, since I have never seen it in action and do not personally know anyone with a Thermomix I think a used model would be best.  Just in case I don't use it enough.  Plus, it is difficult to convince myself or husband to spend 1500 dollars on something I have never seen.

Many thanks