Author Topic: First Consultant-to-be Signed for East Coast USA!  (Read 9737 times)

Offline MacGuffin

• View Profile
First Consultant-to-be Signed for East Coast USA!
« on: May 07, 2017, 10:26:25 pm »
Guys, I start my consultancy training this coming Saturday in NYC! I'm very excited and the other folks who also attended the meeting seem really nice, as do Alexandra, Mitch, and the other Vorwerk folks in charge. Please wish us all luck--I'm very much looking forward to helping launch this wonderful appliance in my neck of the woods. ;D
Karen in NYC

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: First Consultant-to-be Signed for East Coast USA!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 08:26:07 am »
Good luck MacGuffin, I hope it takes off - we love it here in Australia.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 10:04:54 am »
Good luck, I hope it goes well for you. We'd love it if you kept in touch and let us know how things go.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 12:04:42 pm »
Good luck with your training  MacGuffin. I hope you have fun opening people's eyes to the Thermomix way of cooking. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline MacGuffin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 12:56:24 pm »
Good luck, I hope it goes well for you. We'd love it if you kept in touch and let us know how things go.
Thank you, Cookie, and everyone else. I've been a member here for quite a long time but haven't been active. I resolved to be when I took possession of my TM31 but just wasn't able. I hope to be once I've completed my training. I'd like to see the Thermomix take off here. One thing I especially like is that we were told that the scale's units on the U.S. TM5s can be switched between standard and metric--nice for international recipes, especially with the new Cook-Key.
Karen in NYC

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 12:32:51 pm »
All the best for your TM training!

Offline MacGuffin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 11:26:26 pm »
All the best for your TM training!
Thank you so much! We underwent our training last Saturday and received our certificates. We have a cooking class this Saturday in two shifts and I'm hoping to see most of the new consultants at the one I'm attending. Everyone seems really nice and I'm hoping we can all be supportive of each other. I'd really like to see this wonderful appliance succeed here. I will say, though, that the TM5 seems noticeably heavier than the TM31. I went so far as to order a bag with wheels from one of the Canadian groups because most of us don't own cars here in NYC and that bag is just too heavy and clumsy to carry on the subway.  ???
Karen in NYC

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 12:41:31 am »
Gee that makes your job hard MacGuffin, do you have to take the ingredients for the demo too?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2017, 03:56:32 am »
The 5 is definitely heavier. That is the reason we take the 31 away with us when we travel in the caravan. I also have the bag for the 31. A bag with wheels would make your travelling a lot easier MacGuffin. Have you started your demos yet?

Offline MacGuffin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2017, 08:41:12 pm »
Gee that makes your job hard MacGuffin, do you have to take the ingredients for the demo too?
No, at least not in theory. We've been told to have the host/ess choose a menu, then to provide most of the ingredients from a list we provide. I imagine the consultants will need to bring at least a little something that's on the list. I'm also guessing, since we're not de jure Thermomix employees, that once we know what we're doing, we can be cut some slack in our individual demos, including ingredients.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 05:02:53 pm by MacGuffin »
Karen in NYC

Offline MacGuffin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2017, 09:03:27 pm »
The 5 is definitely heavier. [...] Have you started your demos yet?
I'm relieved that I didn't imagine the increased weight! And no, not yet. My friends are mostly academics and the crunch is on to finish the semester and its attendant burdens (finals, posting grades, dealing with drama, etc.). So until everyone is able to take a breather, no demos. I do intend to practice at a friend's place when the time comes (my own place isn't appropriate). I'm kind of hoping her kids get involved, too. And one of my friends is a world-renowned food guy so, at an appropriate time, I'll mention that my training is done and ask if he'd be so kind as to pass that on to others of his buddies who might be interested. He thought this endeavor was a good idea.  :)
Karen in NYC

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2017, 07:12:47 am »
Best of luck. I know what things are like at the end of a semester.

Offline MacGuffin

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2017, 03:15:26 am »
Thanks! It really is zooey.
Karen in NYC