Author Topic: Frustrated with buying process  (Read 24748 times)

Offline wonton124

• View Profile
Frustrated with buying process
« on: February 27, 2015, 09:28:46 am »
Why can't I just pick up my machine or have it delivered? I have used my friends machine, I have sat through a demo, I have paid my money and now I have to sit through another 'handover' to check everything is working before I get my appliance. If it doesn't work I assume it is covered by warranty. Please - why all this hoo hah?? can't I just have my appliance and start using it??

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
Frustrated with buying process
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 10:07:12 am »
It would be much easier if you could just buy a Thermomix at a store, but unfortunately this is how they are sold worldwide.

This is a non official forum with members from many countries, so you probably need to address your queries to your consultant or the Thermomix head office in your country.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Frustrated with buying process
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 10:25:10 am »
Katie is right wonton124, just go with the flow and appreciate the fact that your consultant is spending her time doing a hand-over demo. She must follow the rules of the company.  Perhaps you could pop over to the Introduce yourself thread on the home page and tell us a bit about yourself. Welcome to the forum.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 11:50:17 am »
I understand how you feel. The way of the machine being sold kept me from buying one for nearly 6 months. However I have had the machine for about 7 years and have recently bought the TM 5 as well. It is well worth all the rubbish you have to go through, be brave and put up with it. The fun of use will soon be with you.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 12:25:49 pm »
In my honest opinion I feel Vorwerk will have a hard time selling this in the USA  when it is released later this year because of this crapola.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline MEP

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 05:36:49 pm »
Where have you heard that it will be released this year in the US Gert? I have contacted the Vorwerk office in the US and they can't confirm anything.
From Perth WA

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 08:46:59 pm »
Really MEP,!!  Do you find that surprising??   :-))

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 09:29:04 pm »
Wonton we understand but I am giving my DD my 31 and will not give it to her until I give her a couple of lessons. Until you actually have a guided go on a machine, all the demos do not really make sense.
Enjoy it when it comes.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 10:46:46 pm »
MEP We have already been told the TM5 will be released later this year in Canada. Vorwerk cannot deny that as they already announced it which give Canadians an option not given to the rest of the world. We already know that the Canadian machine is being sold to customers in the US as those stories have been told in this place. We know that Vorwerk is working on a plan to sell the Thermomix  in the US as it once was. That also was told in this place some time ago. We know that Vorwerk is a privately owned company with an out of date and out of touch PR team and may have not learned a lesson from the past debacle.

It does not take much of a leap  to figure out what is going on. There are many people in the US who have the TM31 and rumours abound from the President's chef in Washington DC to the home cook in Western Montana.

There were many doubters and nay sayers who got stung by their own consultants and others who are now stuck with the TM31 when they wanted the new model.

I was vilified by many when I told there was a new model and even gave the launch date.  I have yet to hear an apology. Vorwerk from the head honcho to the lowly consultant lied. I didn't.

Vorwerk are now having to play "catch up" producing the new model when all they really had to do  is take pre orders or expressions of interest to know how many they might need to produce before release.

Personally from my experience the TM31 is a far better machine for capable cooks.

Gert

« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 01:17:51 am by Gertbysea »
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline ThermomixBlogger

• Thermomix blogging fan from Canada.
    • View Profile
    • SuperKitchenMachine is an unofficial fan blog for fun cooking with Thermomix!
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2015, 09:54:22 pm »
Hi wonton124  :)
Like you, I am one who was never too fond of the buying process for this machine. And while I DO understand why it's done this way, I also wish for the alternative. I believe that the customer satisfaction rate is probably guaranteed when people have a bit of training on the machine but it's certainly not the way most of us are accustomed to buying.

I hope you can be patient and take some solace in the fact that you are now part of a group of amazing forum members and you will get far more than your fair share of free support if/as needed. Everyone who has commented on this thread so far has been spot-on with gracious and diplomatic responses and the most amazing thing is that they are not officially representing the company or the product. As I don't have time to drop in here very often, I can't say that I really know these women, but I'm pretty sure most (if not all) are not even Thermomix consultants. The generosity and commitment level among Thermomix users is never ceases to astound me.

Cost of a Thermomix, about $2000 AU ... cost an amazing bunch of forum members, priceless! 

Cheers from Canada,
ThermomixBlogger Helene

News, recipes and videos for Thermomix fans
around the world and at home.
Click: http://www.superkitchenmachine.com

Also Kitchen Kits for people who love Thermomix!
http://SuperKitchenKits.com

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 01:39:08 am »
Thanks from all of us Helene, you are very kind.
I'm pretty sure you are correct about no one being a consultant.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/