Author Topic: Hello from Mandurah WA  (Read 8269 times)

Mama Fergie

Re: Hello from Mandurah WA
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2012, 03:22:32 am »
Hi and welcome to the forum from another Perthite.  :)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2012, 04:55:05 am »
Welcome to the forum 50PALL. There are loads of recipes on the forum that will have the beast doing a regular workout everyday.
Don't be shy, we all started where you are at some stage. I had never been on a forum before this one and have learned to navigate my way around now.
Have you watched Tenina Holders youtube videos - there are 2 out there.
Good luck with it all and hope to see you posting soon.  :)

There are quitemamfew,slidos and VDO s,on superkitchenmachine.com

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2012, 05:30:25 am »
A warm welcome from me too, I had a dinner party last night for just 5 cooked everything in Thermy so there was just rinsing if the jug and varoma between courses. It's a man thing not to like it, bet he didn't blink an eye when he purchased the boat ;D

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2012, 12:26:11 pm »
A warm welcome from me too, I had a dinner party last night for just 5 cooked everything in Thermy so there was just rinsing if the jug and varoma between courses. It's a man thing not to like it, bet he didn't blink an eye when he purchased the boat ;D

I can relate to this as my DH is anti- thermy but he has a power tool for every purpose worth $$$$$$$ so I dont  take any notice.  I think personally he despises the TMx as I give it so much praise and spend so much time with it!!!!

What did you cook at your dinner party AB?

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2012, 06:43:07 am »
I know what it's like GHM. My DH has millions of power tools too as well as the vintage cars and parts.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2012, 07:01:09 am »
Welcome and help yourself to the recipes.  my DH talked me into getting the TMX.  Must admit that it didn't take him very long.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2012, 09:41:20 am »
GHM, it was basically the Varoma Recipes as AmyA ( next door) didn't want another party so we cooked it at my place and invited another couple over so, the sundried tomato ,capsicum and cashew dip, the pumpkin,(sweet potato) chicken  salad, then steamed garlic rice with Atlantic salmon, marinated with horseradish cream and dill, and steamed Asian greens.  And for sweets we made the coconut lemon puddings.  It was enjoyed by all. 
Sorry 50pall for invading your space, these things happen all the time. You have to check all threads as you never know where they might lead you. :)

Offline 50plusandlovinglife

• Our little girl Braandi
    • View Profile
    • 50plusandlovinglife.wordpress.com
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2012, 07:14:00 am »
Hello All
I have just worked out how to read responses to my posts, I have 2 screens running at work, and i have 4 different things on the go including this forum, maybe I should give a couple of the things I am working on a break, and concentrate on 2 things at once,I am female after all.
50plusandlovinglife

Life is short - enjoy it while you can

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2012, 07:18:25 am »
We are building a new house, and I have been given very strict instructions that thing is NOT sitting on the bench out in the open, so I have had our pantry designed around using it there, with it;s own light, exhaust fan and I am even allowed to tile the wall behind it so that it is easy to clean.
Apparently that way, it won't be seen, we won't have to listen to it and you can live in the pantry with it, given the time you spend in this one.
Once my plans are sorted, I will post it so that you can see how pathetic he is. :o :o
50plusandlovinglife

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2012, 07:34:08 am »
Hi 50 plus my anti TM DH is just the same .... we also have a walk in pantry

Where TM is now living out of sight!!!! I think he will come round to the idea one day,  maybe tonight? When he tastes the honey soy chicken I have made for him ( even though I won't be in for tea) you have to laugh at them!!!

TM living in pantry also helps with noise reduction, another down side of TM according to DH, I had to listen to the chainsaw all weekend while he worked in the garden but that is different so he says!!!!!!
Luckily I don't take any notice!!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2012, 07:51:23 am »
Gosh they sound a problem. My DH doesn't mind the noise. I think his hearing is deteriorating but he won't have a bar of it.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2012, 09:05:13 am »
Hey Groundhoundmum,

I found your photo yesterday while scrolling through this forum, and asked Grumpy if this was acceptable, he said I could have the shelf to put the beast  *: on and shelves under, but I am not allowed to have the shelves above, he said it is too messy with cooking steam etc. he said I wouldn't clean it, it would be up to him, he has a problem with cleanliness that I don't have, so I have to give you the credit for the idea of having the beast  *: in the cupboard, as he said I was not allowed to have it on the bench, so thank you :D

I can't call him DH, even though he is an excellent husband, (probably better than most, he does a lot of the housework and cleaning, as we work together, we share the chores) he would never let me live it down, as I have always called him Grumpy only because he has a comment on everything, not necessarily a nice one.
50plusandlovinglife

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2012, 02:38:17 pm »
Sounds like the beast needs it's own male free kitchen!.  He'll come around when you start cooking up a storm in it. Mine hasn't yet, but it has only been four months since I have had TM.  The honey soy chicken was a huge hit tonight!