Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6113257 times)

Offline mab19

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #27510 on: November 22, 2023, 06:00:46 am »
KAtie,I'm sorry to hear that you are not well, I hope you recover quickly.

DS is home from Queensland for a few days so he called in for morning tea.  Grocery shopping this afternoon.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27511 on: November 22, 2023, 11:23:07 am »
We are due for our next Covid vax. I want to make sure that we get the new one.
I hope your mammogram wasn’t too squishy Marina.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #27512 on: November 22, 2023, 06:26:22 pm »
We are due for our next Covid vax. I want to make sure that we get the new one.
I hope your mammogram wasn’t too squishy Marina.
They returned to normal afterwards, Cookie!

K Atie, have you been watching the adverts for the Black Friday sales - it looks like there are quite a few good bed bargains being advertised.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #27513 on: November 23, 2023, 06:42:41 pm »
First shingles vaccination - a bit tender now, but hopefully that will clear soon.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27514 on: November 24, 2023, 02:07:18 am »
I must check with our GP if we can have the new one.
We are going to get our tax done this afternoon. What fun. 😀😀
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 02:16:42 am by cookie1 »

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #27515 on: November 24, 2023, 04:39:19 am »
What a day.

I decided last week that I really needed to get a pair of sandals for summer and decided to go in to town early this morning to get a new pair and perhaps a few Xmas gifts as well seeing as I was at the shops. I also needed to get a new body brush from the market, so went there first. The place was heaving with groups of students with their teachers, I could barely move!

Anyway I got the body brush, so on to the sandals.  I had a fair idea of which brand I wanted and had a vague idea where the shop was so away I went.  On the way there I thought I might stop in somewhere for a bite of breakfast but everywhere I went was full to overflowing … it was about this time I began to realise where I had gone wrong with my planning – it is the black Friday sale today!

So, with the help of Ms Google, I managed to find the shoe shop I was heading for and, thank goodness, the one and only pair in the shop that appealed to me was perfect – and with a 25% off BF sale tag, I was happy.

On I trudged to my next shop, which had now changed beyond recognition so I didn’t even go in.

Time was getting on and it was getting quite warm in the city so I thought I would call it a day (well, a morning) and head home.  Had to wait a while for the tram and when it arrived it was fairly full, but I managed to look pathetic and some kind person offered me a seat, thank goodness.  Unfortunately the heater was on in the tram and it was terribly uncomfortable. 

We got about two tram stops when the driver announced that we all had to get off as there was a rally coming down the street and she couldn’t take the tram any further.  I am not sure which group was involved – it was either a group protesting about the war on Palestine, another group called climate extinction (that may not be their actual name, I don’t think, I have forgotten the correct one – they were very active during the protests against lockdown during COVID days) and, the third group of placards and banners I saw was for sex workers.  Perhaps the three groups joined together and had one huge rally! So, here I was totally knackered, politely kicked off my tram on a hot crowded street in town in the middle of the dreaded BF sale chaos, whilst I tossed up my options on how to get home.

I noticed a large office building across the road with a very large door which looked likely to go through to the next street (as they do in Melbourne) – the building that is, not the door, so I gambled, crossed over and walked through and was lucky enough to see a similarly large building with another large door just across the next street that would lead me to another street that had trams running on another route (sans rally interruptions) that would take me close to home, so I eventually stumbled through our shop door and enjoyed a very brief break before heading up to G’ford where it is pouring rain and quite cool.

So, here I am now, not quite recovered, but a bit more less stressed than I was earlier.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27516 on: November 24, 2023, 05:02:36 am »
As soon as I started to read your story Marina I thought, oh no today is not the day for your shopping trip LOL. Glad you got what you wanted and made it back to the office in spite of protests and being thrown off the tram. Clever thinking going through those big doors! Enjoy your weekend.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #27517 on: November 24, 2023, 07:24:49 am »
Yes it’s been so busy today , looked at mattress for DD , possibly easily sucked in had to walk away and think it through . Ran around to do jobs . Picked up DD 21st sign … I’m it’s a little big , oh well we had a laugh . DD second day at design work . I think it’s amazing I’m awake at all no sleep 2.30am till 6.30 am . Did have a few winks at lunch time . DD out working on Photos to print second time lucky . Lots to go tonight .. last I heard music play list , I’m rolling my eyes as I’m hopeless on this . About to cook dinner . Missed the cake place to ask how to cut the cake .. it is not that big but I have to do it !!

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #27518 on: November 24, 2023, 07:51:23 am »
Again I’m amazed this thread has lasted so long. I’ll be back p, I’m off to work now and then back to being Mrs Claus. Christmas and house must be completely sorted in next 5 days as then long consecutive shifts and away on holiday before family coming. I’m never going anywhere in December again, until 8 give up work! 😂😂😂
Have a good one everyone.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #27519 on: November 24, 2023, 09:38:12 am »
Hi DJ, good to hear from you.Hope all is going well and you have a wonderful holiday season and 2024

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #27520 on: November 24, 2023, 09:58:01 pm »
OMG, Marina, what a day.
Knowing it was Black Friday, I thought I’d miss the rush and go out late. No luck, had to wait in car park at Aldi to get a spot.
K Atie, busy as usual. Hope all goes well for 21 st.
Cookie, the new Covid Vaccine has just been approved, but Dr said not yet available.
New Shingles vaccine soon available. Well worth having. A friend has just had Shingles and has been very unwell.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #27521 on: November 25, 2023, 03:58:20 am »
I got my shingles vax on Thursday.  Our doctor says it is available, but in very limited quantities. I booked DH in for his next Monday.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27522 on: November 25, 2023, 11:13:25 am »
Oh Marina you poor thing.
We had the man from NBN come about 8 this morning. His job was to connect us up with fibre to the house and then someone else comes and completes it. Poor man-he had to go up into the roof.  We have a metal roof and even all the bearers are steel. There is no wood at all up there.  It’s very hard to walk around and you need to take a large plank up there. It was also 39° here today. I felt so very sorry for him.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #27523 on: November 25, 2023, 08:23:04 pm »
Cookie, last year when we had a problem with the AC the technician refused to go into the ceiling. Too hot. Fortunately next day was cool.
Today I’m starting to mix the Nuts and Bolts.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27524 on: November 25, 2023, 10:10:02 pm »
That’s on my list too Chookie, I bought a huge box of the cereal at Costco.
Today I’m going to a street fair in Semaphore, it’s been 7 or 8 years since I’ve been to one.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.