Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6037393 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #26865 on: March 24, 2023, 12:44:04 pm »
Nice to see you’re up and running again K Atie, it takes more than Covid to slow you down.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26866 on: March 24, 2023, 11:23:58 pm »
Judy I have to say think that I thought I would be fine ! But the field day is on a hill and I’m struggling to walk the slight hill ! Might have to go trout fishing that I could do !

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26867 on: March 25, 2023, 12:17:10 pm »
Trout fishing would be awesome.
DD and I went out for coffee this morning. DH went to Brookton with some other car members to display old cars. https://www.brookton.wa.gov.au/brookton-old-time-motor-show.aspx
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #26868 on: March 25, 2023, 07:46:29 pm »
Cataract op went well. 2 hours in and out. Little cloudy next morning but within an hour was clear.  Thank for asking.
Friend did amazing job looking after me.
Had visitors for lunch yesterday. They brought the sweets for lunch. RTE lemon Coconut cake. Lovely.
Ballarat hosting Water Polo, on the lake  today. Very rough and great fun to watch. Will have a coffee In Restaurant next to where nets are set up and enjoy the fun.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26869 on: March 25, 2023, 09:09:15 pm »
The trout fishing was interesting a man set up with rods and lots of young local boys catching small trout and returning to lake . Lots of fish bait used for the young little kids that didn’t get a catch ! Think the trout were over feed by this time ! I just watched . We compared our steps for the day I did 13700 men did 9000 approximately! I have never feel so tired at a field day , just draged myself around . But DH DS decided to go all the way home last night . They took in turns driving . We ordered Grill’d and picked up in Ballarat. Now we have a day at home to do washing etc and DS can get on with his VCE work , DH as huge amount of book work too . I even got some Magnesium spray for my aching knees ! Oops forgot to use it last night . Also a tub of creamed honey . DS got a couple of jumpers . DH loved looking at the machinery, but so pricey and nothing available for ages . But sad didn’t get to see DD but two 21sts she was a little busy . 

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #26870 on: March 26, 2023, 09:45:12 pm »
Recently had ride in Tesla and shown how to do Quordle. Like Wordle but more complicated. Found a suspicious transaction on my credit card. Rang bank at 9 pm last night. Told me to ring Woolworths which I did. They explained that the ‘ free delivery ‘ which I have been having for 3 years has a charge. ! Not a lot of money but pretty sneaky.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26871 on: March 26, 2023, 10:37:09 pm »
Cookie your life is full of firsts , what was it like in the Tesla ! That’s very interesting regarding Woolworths free delivery charge . Spent the day washing and a little rest , Covid has knocked me around but getting better each day . DS drove back to boardo , this seems when we catch up with all school things , cannot believe only two weeks left of term .

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #26872 on: March 27, 2023, 12:09:05 am »
That was very sneaky of Woolworths, Chookie.  I have only used them or Coles once - I can't remember which.  Everything came - or should I say a version of everything came, I certainly get 100% of what I wanted and, to cap it all off, it all came in several Coles bags which I had to pay for!  I suppose that is only to be expected, though they had to package it somehow and God forbid they should reuse cartons!  I think I would think again before I used them again.

K Atie, I learned a new word from you today ... boardo ... I had never heard that before and it took me a moment or two to catch up! No I am trying to think of occasions when I might use it myself!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #26873 on: March 27, 2023, 04:06:37 am »
I did a little bit of gardening yesterday and a bit of a tidy up outside today.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26874 on: March 27, 2023, 05:42:24 am »
Marina , boardo is short for boarding house at school !
Today is a day of shear gob smack disbelief! Our boy kitten Jerry went missing about 5 months ago . This morning feeding the chooks I turned around and thought Tommy the mother cat was moving very fast around a tree . It was Jerry her son , oh my gosh . Since feeding and cuddles and making sure the other two ( Fluffy is ok that her brother is home ) are ok , it has slept on the back door mat and cryed when it’s awake . DH has had cuddles too. He is a bit scatty but fat and no injuries . People said he will return and I had given up , have no idea where he has been but clearly hiding out at a good spot , so strange as we asked all our few neighbours.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26875 on: March 27, 2023, 11:18:02 am »
Welcome home Jerry, I bet he’s got some stories to tell K Atie.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26876 on: March 27, 2023, 12:11:33 pm »
DH went to another car show yesterday. He took the latest acquisition.
Today we had to go to the bank to arrange for one of the recipients of MIL will to have his $$ put into a term deposit until he can access it. We don’t know when that will be, it’s a jolly nuisance.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #26877 on: March 27, 2023, 08:20:44 pm »
I’ve got everything from the pantry shelves stacked in a pile in the kitchen. Joiner is booked to come on Friday to put drawers in. Can’t wait.
Ballarat is hosting the National titles for the Canoe Polo, Easter Weekend. DD has asked me to help with catering. I’m making Protein Balls, Scones with jam and cream and as many slices as I can manage. A friend is coming to help. She will bring her TMX and with 3 bowls and 2 ovens we should turn out a lot.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #26878 on: March 27, 2023, 09:22:44 pm »
WOW, that sounds like a huge undertaking, Chookie!  Somehow I think you are going to have a great time.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26879 on: March 27, 2023, 10:32:27 pm »
Chookie you will be in your element making all those sweet treats, don't wear yourself out though.