Author Topic: Freezing satay sauce?  (Read 6969 times)

Offline ~Narelle~

• View Profile
Freezing satay sauce?
« on: October 13, 2010, 11:31:19 am »
Hi
I just made some yummy satay sauce - the recipe that is with the chicken skewers.  Just wondering if I could freeze it or not?  I did cook it as per Thermomixer's suggestion.  I'd like to have it in the freezer just to pull out to make a quick meal.
TIA
Narelle

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Freezing satay sauce?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 11:56:04 am »
I haven't frozen that particular sauce Narelle but I am always freezing bits and pieces of leftover sauces rather than have them go to waste.  Never had one that hasn't frozen successfully. I just find some need a good whisk after heating to get them back to their original appearance.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline ~Narelle~

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 12:12:10 pm »
Thanks Judy.  I guess I am better off to test it rather than throw it!  I'm very happy with this sauce, as I often work late so if I've got something like this I can just cook some chicken and rice to go with it and it's like takeaway but healthier.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 12:18:09 pm »
Narrelle,  certainly freeze it,  as JD says all sorts of sauces freeze well,  and it is so handy to defrost a sauce quickly when you are in a hurry.    I freeze left over gravy and pesto.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 10:11:49 am »
Certainly can freeze it and best in smaller amounts - you can chop/thaw ice cube size pieces and reheat as needed.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.