Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 8929276 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #34020 on: January 03, 2020, 07:20:36 am »
Great baking cookie and Julie.  I do remember those Coffee Scroll biscuits, goodness knows how long ago that was though.  Your slice looks delicious Julie.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #34021 on: January 03, 2020, 10:51:06 pm »
Thank you.  :)

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #34022 on: January 04, 2020, 04:07:44 am »
That slice looks and sounds nice Julie.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34023 on: January 07, 2020, 05:48:22 am »
I made another batch of biscuits from Bec’s Kitchen. They are very nice but not as delicious as the Coffee Cinnamon scroll ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34024 on: January 07, 2020, 07:12:38 am »
I think you would make cookies and biscuits more than any one else cookie, no wonder you chose that for your forum name.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34025 on: January 07, 2020, 12:32:58 pm »
Made this tonight, tea for tomorrow and 5 packs for the freezer. https://lalaskitchen.net/?p=886
I used boneless, skinless thighs.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 12:53:46 pm by judydawn »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34026 on: January 07, 2020, 12:51:05 pm »
Made this earlier for the freezer, Creamed Leeks with garlic and cream cheese https://www.ditchthecarbs.com/leeks-garlic-cream-cheese/
I used half cream cheese and half sour cream and because the carbs are higher than I need them to be I just filled small silicon cupcake holders to decrease the carb serve. I haven’t worked out how I will use them yet.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 12:52:41 pm by judydawn »

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #34027 on: January 07, 2020, 07:39:08 pm »
Judy, the leeks look like a tasty side dish, it's great being able to pull stuff out the freezer like this isn't it?.  I really like the sound of the chicken dish too, yours looks really good.  I think DH would like that so have saved the link, thank you.  :D

Cookie, I read on that website where the biscuits are that she's trying to perfect Venetians.  I do remember them, a crisp biscuit with currants in and a creamy glaze all over it.  I hope she's successful  ;D  Also the coffee scroll biscuits; another recipe with coffee in its title but no coffee in the ingredients.  ;D

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #34028 on: January 07, 2020, 08:35:44 pm »
Love all the biscuits but not cooking any at the moment as I will eat them.  Don’t seem to have a lot of will power.
Did make a SD loaf.  Used Laucke grain mix and added 100 g of seeds and grains that I had prepared and frozen.  I cooked it in the bread machine on bake.
Still have some roasted chicken leftover.  Will make Chow Mein and add the chicken.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34029 on: January 08, 2020, 02:04:53 am »
Judy, the leeks look like a tasty side dish, it's great being able to pull stuff out the freezer like this isn't it?.  I really like the sound of the chicken dish too, yours looks really good.  I think DH would like that so have saved the link, thank you.  :D

Cookie, I read on that website where the biscuits are that she's trying to perfect Venetians.  I do remember them, a crisp biscuit with currants in and a creamy glaze all over it.  I hope she's successful  ;D  Also the coffee scroll biscuits; another recipe with coffee in its title but no coffee in the ingredients.  ;D

I had a laugh about that too JulieO.
I plan to make the Venetian biscuits when the biscuit tin is empty.
Judy DH and DD like a biscuit with their coffee. (DD takes hers to work).
My Dad used to call me Cookie so that is the main reason I chose the name. He and I used to make some great creations. He would sit in his chair by the radio and instruct me. Poor Mum, although I don't think she minded as long as I cleaned up. ;D ;D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34030 on: January 08, 2020, 04:17:46 am »
You were lucky that your Mum let you take over the kitchen cookie, mine never let me anywhere near it except to dry the dishes LOL.  I started married life not knowing much at all about cooking.
Julie, I’ll be having my first serving of the chicken dish tonight so I’ll let you know what I think of it.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #34031 on: January 08, 2020, 06:38:09 am »
Please do Judy, so many good reviews I can't not see it being a hit.

Nice memories to have Cookie.

My DH loves to take biscuits and or a slice of cake etc to work.  He said it's a nice reprieve with a cuppa when he gets to take a break  :D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34032 on: January 08, 2020, 11:11:32 am »
The first meal from last night’s batch of Lemon Butter Chicken was really nice.  When I tasted the sauce last night it was a bit too lemony and the thyme was overpowering (I’d only used half a teaspoon but dried thyme is always stronger than fresh which I prefer.). Tonight though it was very well balanced so I guess the quantities were OK.  I served the meal with 100g of pan fried cauliflower ‘rice’ into which I added a spring onion and some garlic powder along with a zucchini timbale with a touch of carrot to add colour.  Both the cauli rice and the zucchini timbale were from freezer stock so it was a very quick meal indeed with 2 items heated in the microwave.  I struggled to get through the meal even though it doesn’t look a huge serve.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 11:13:53 am by judydawn »

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34033 on: January 08, 2020, 03:41:30 pm »
Lovely dishes and baking girls.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #34034 on: January 08, 2020, 07:55:24 pm »
Nice memories girls.  Judy, thanks for the comprehensive review.
Last night was nearly a disaster. I made up a Chow Mein recipe.  First problem was I used Brown rice which of course takes longer to cook. Next problem was that the amount of curry powder that I added to begin with wasn’t enough , added more and that was too much. Had to add more Chinese cabbage to dilute the curry. Ok in the end.
I am very lucky in that I have come from a family of good cooks, luckily on both sides. By the age of 12, I could prepare and cook a roast dinner for our family.  There was always experimental cooking going on.  I suppose that is what has influenced me.
Judy, you have done very well considering your early cooking  life experience.  RAL uses your Roast Pork belly as a bench mark for all pork belly he eats.