Author Topic: Cyndi O'Meara's vegetarian sausage rolls  (Read 73442 times)

mcmich

Cyndi O'Meara's Vegetarian Sausage Rolls
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2013, 11:08:29 am »
I've made the vegetarian sausage rolls many times and have tweaked the recipe a little to suit our families needs.

Only used 1 egg and found that the mixture was less moist and easier to handle and added 200gms of fetta cheese as that was what was in the pkt I bought. Lovely and a lot easier to make.

Offline Patzee

• View Profile
Re: Cyndi O'Meara's vegetarian sausage rolls
« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2013, 07:59:05 am »
Just wondering if I can freeze these for use tomorrow afternoon?  Just want to pop them in oven 30 mins before serving? Thnx

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2013, 08:16:23 am »
Can't see why not Patzee, I do this different recipe for vegetarian sausage rolls and I always freeze them then just take out how many I want to heat up.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Thermokitchen

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2013, 12:18:24 pm »
These are a massive hit indeed. If you don't tell anyone they are vege they will never know...

And when you tell them they won't believe you! ;D

Great recipe!

Offline Patzee

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2013, 04:49:12 pm »
Thanks Judy and Thermokitchen.  Good to have healthy food in freezer for emergencies.  I will make your version soon also Judy.  Looks so healthy with all the oats!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2013, 12:17:48 pm »
These are a massive hit indeed. If you don't tell anyone they are vege they will never know...

And when you tell them they won't believe you! ;D

Great recipe!

I just keep my mouth shut. As you say they don't know.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

mcmich

« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2013, 04:23:05 am »
Thanks Judy and Thermokitchen.  Good to have healthy food in freezer for emergencies.  I will make your version soon also Judy.  Looks so healthy with all the oats!

They freeze very well Patzee. I have a very dainty version in the freezer for my mum's high tea birthday party.

Offline jsthermie

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2017, 01:10:15 am »
Is there any chance at all someone can send me a screenshot of this recipe? My vegetarian daughter leaves the country in a couple days and she requested these for her going away party tomorrow!! I just went to get the list of ingredients and the book is still in storage (just shifted - right before Christmas....) I've made them so many times I'm fairly certain I can remember the shopping list (feta, walnuts, egg, bread for crumbing, parsley, tamari (not sure if that's in there or we've added it over time) onion, pastry) but I can't rely on my memory for amounts and given how sloppy the mix can be I don't want to guess!
So if there is any chance of anyone reading this and can help I would be so appreciative! Otherwise I have to drive to the storage unit and find the right box.....

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2017, 10:29:34 am »
You will find the link to the recipe in the first posting on page 1 of this thread jsthermie. Not sure if it’s Cyndi’s recipe or a clone of it, nevertheless I think it is very similar.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 10:35:14 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.
Back