Author Topic: spatula / brush kits for thermomix  (Read 30674 times)

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
Re: spatula / brush kits for thermomix
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 12:43:54 pm »
I desperately need a smaller cleaning brush especially to get into that difficult part under the blades. Would be interested to see how they compare to teat brushes (not that I've used a teat brush 'cos I really don't think it's up to the job).

I had a quick look the other day but I believe you have to buy quite a few. Is that right?

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 12:55:31 pm »
The smallest order is 2 spatulas and 1 cleaning brush Tasty, the next kit up is 2 of each item.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 12:58:43 pm by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cottchick

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 12:56:51 pm »
I desperately need a smaller cleaning brush especially to get into that difficult part under the blades. Would be interested to see how they compare to teat brushes (not that I've used a teat brush 'cos I really don't think it's up to the job).

I had a quick look the other day but I believe you have to buy quite a few. Is that right?

If you can't get one of those ones, get a baby bottle cleaner from chemist or supermarket and hack the little teat brush off one end. Worked for me!

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 01:05:37 pm »
Is the spatula better at getting all the bits out....'cos atm I was just interested in the cleaning brushes JD

Cottchick - I already has teat brushes since I have a baby which I need them for however some of the stuff under the blades seems to be quite stubborn and I don't think it would be effective to remove it

Bonsai

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2012, 01:16:04 pm »
If you know anyone who works in a medical centre or pathology lab, ask them if they have cytobrushes - they're just the thing for cleaning out the thermomix blade (although that wasn't their intended use  ;) )

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2012, 12:12:34 am »
Is the spatula better at getting all the bits out....'cos atm I was just interested in the cleaning brushes JD

If you only want the brush Tasty, I wonder if you could pm Helene and ask if they could be sold separately.  Probably not though I would suspect. You can buy a very skinny bottle brush which works well on the blade but this one of Helene's is great for cleaning the small gaps in the white casing where the lid clips on.  I like the longer spatula but never had any trouble with the other flexible ones I have.  The only spatula I don't like is the one that came with the Thermomix and, like most other people, never use it for scraping out the inside of the bowl at all.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2012, 12:31:31 am »
I've ordered mine, too.  When I first tried I was told they had sold out but to leave my email address to be notified when they restocked.    Seemed no time at all when I was told they were back in.  Have ordered and just waiting for them to arrive.  Thanks for all the comments - and JD especially for the review -. :)

Offline Moo2

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2012, 03:04:28 am »
I received my spatulas yesterday and have been using them today. Really like them as I am not so keen on the very flexible ones. These are stiffer but work really nicely in the TMX bowl and also in a smaller bowl I was using. The brush is fantastic for cleaning under the blades as it is nice and stiff. Great products and worth the outlay in my opinion.

Offline AmandaN

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2012, 03:06:55 am »
 :-[  why did I not think of using cytobrushes!!??  I am a cytologist after all..........   :-[

I am on maternity leave though so might have to call into work for a random visit, though that involves dodging the "when are you coming back?" questions..........

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2012, 08:49:47 am »
I finally have to  confess. I wasn't going  to until Helene got some more in. I was very very lucky to get in quick. I ordered the Thermomix  Lovers Kit for my daughter in law who lives in NSW as well  as the Super Demonstrator kit to share with my daughter,who lives in Cairns, and  one for a friend who wants a Thermomix. We are all  absolutely in love with  a SPATULA!!!!!!!  I have never seen or used one so well made and efficient. As soon as I realised it, I took all ten of the crap ones including my trusty TUPPERWARE ones to the op shop. Let someone else struggle with them now.

My friend has arthritis and she is stoked  with this simple tool as she does a lot of baking. She told me it is  great in her kitchen aid as well as her ordinary mixing bowls. Hopefully she will have a Thermomix one day.

The brush is better than my gun brush which I swear by. It bends nicely over the tap so it is always handy. Looks like it will last a long time too.

All in all I am impressed with the super spatula . Well named for our super kitchen machine. I love too that the postage is included. It took  just over a week to get from Vancouver Island to Cairns. Amazing. Well priced, useful  and absolutely the best I have ever used. Well done Helene for sourcing it for us fanatics. Life just got easier.

One thing I do not like about it is that it is so efficient I have no use for my index finger for searching and licking. Especially disappointing when making butter .

If you choose to buy a kit think about sharing as I am sure you can find a friend who would love  one even if  they are not Thermomix  lovers.

In any case Helene always has our best interest at heart and she does it all for for love of Thermomix. I hope she breaks even at least. The postage must be a killer.

Gretchen
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 09:35:19 pm by Gertbysea »
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2012, 10:26:30 am »
 . . .  did I hear you say . . . gun brush . . .?? :o

Well, I guess anything's worth a shot! ;D ;D

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2012, 10:49:21 am »
Gretch needs it to protect her moonshine  :D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2012, 10:58:28 am »
That was a quick quip Goldfish.  Here is the thread.  http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=3489.0

Beat ya Judy!!!!!!!!

And yes I am still making my "moonshine" creampuff .  Where can you get a bottle of spirits for around $5?

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2012, 11:12:12 am »
Gretchen, us oldies know what you get up to in your spare time but now it's time to educate all the newbies. Actually when you were ill and not around for so long, I was beginning to think you had been carted away by the constabulary  ;)

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2012, 11:19:55 am »
Too funny and yes I would have had to be carted as I could barely walk. Up here I would say that the constabulary would be the biggest  patrons of the brew shop!!!

Wow Judy I have tried to forget those months. You have really got a huge memory capacity. Bless.

Gert