Author Topic: Blade dented - will it still work as well?  (Read 4427 times)

Offline sue_h

• View Profile
Blade dented - will it still work as well?
« on: December 27, 2010, 01:12:24 am »
 :'(  :'(   I made a mistake this morning and crushed my ice with the reverse still on and it was on speed 10. I just cleaned it and notice that the is a small scratch on the top of the blade. I'm so annoyed with myself and had hoped it would just wash off. Unfortunately it didn't. The cutting edge and stirring edge appear fine. Do you think this will affect the performance of the blades?   ???
Sue from North Queensland

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
Re: Blade dented - will it still work as well?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 01:23:26 am »
No, it should be fine.  Don't worry, once I left a small metal spoon in my bowl (well, the kids did) and it had water in it so I whizzed it up to clean it - OOOPS!!!  It left a few dents in the blade, but it still worked fine.  Silly me.
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 06:16:35 am »
I have the odd scratch on my blades and they seem fine. I think I did it just after getting my machine.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Terri

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 06:21:48 am »
It will be fine, i have a scratch a dent/ little gouge thing (cant remember now what did that) and thanks to my stupidity yesterday and not checking through the fruit scraps MIL  had put aside i now have a slightly bent blade thanks to a mango seed  :o and Thermy is still going strong, though at this rate he wont last his estimated life  :-\ i really have to look after him better.

Offline sue_h

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 10:07:18 am »
That makes me feel a bit better. I'm still a little nervous around TM. The handling and cleanup is so easy. It's just the silly little hnigsmthat I have to double check.
Sue from North Queensland