Author Topic: Favourite cookbook  (Read 8270 times)

Offline Tam

• View Profile
Favourite cookbook
« on: April 13, 2012, 01:43:49 am »
Ok ladies, I know I stumbled across this thread before but can't find it in the search engine.  I want to buy another TM book (I only have the EDC and Vegetarian) and am wondering if others could recommend their favourites?  I'm thinking of Tenina's new book (I think you can buy the dinner spinner one with it as a combo).  We enjoy healthy foods, spicy foods - actually, just about anything really!!!!!
I'm so enjoying my Thermomix!!!!!!! :)
Tam  :)

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Favourite cookbook
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 04:01:42 am »
Tam my favourite books are For Food's Sake, Quick Fix in the Thermomix, Dinner Spinners but there are some nice recipes in all the HO books and I'm always happy when I buy a book if it has at least 1 decent recipe in it (I know I should set my standards a bit higher but I am a bit of a recipe book tragic). Check out the reviews DG has listed and in the Review Section on the home page you will find every book listed.  Have a browse of some of the comments made against any of the recipes there and you will soon know which books are best suited for you. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 07:14:06 am »
My choice would be much the same as Judys. I also love the Indian book , but only if you like Indian food.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Tam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 07:37:47 am »
Thanks ladies..........will check out the reviews. 
Cookie, I think I'd like the Indian Book too.
JD,I can't believe that you'd have anything but success with any recipe that you make!!!!!

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 08:38:37 am »
Tam,  Budget Busters is worth a look.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 09:13:55 am »
Thank you Tam, things are pretty well foolproof these days but not so with my first efforts until I got used to this powerful machine and found out what chopping times etc suited my style of cooking.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline kezza

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 12:11:10 pm »
Tam. I agree with JD and cookie.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 12:39:49 pm »
this forum is my favourite cook book  ;D
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline MEP

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 12:53:59 pm »
I agree with fundj, I have personally found this forum much better than any cookbook out there.
From Perth WA

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 01:49:03 pm »
I have compiled a bound cookbook of all my favourite forum recipes - its the BEST, and then equal second Tenina's and Alyce's.
Haven't looked at a TM official publication for so long although I have them all bar the Recipe Community and Travelling with TM.  I am not sure I would even bother purchasing the latest books as after purchasing 3 TM's I will not be holding another demo and I have got sick of waiting for the last book to be released for everyday purchase. Of course if HO would like to send me a book to review I'm up to the challenge... ;)  (do pigs fly?)

Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2012, 11:18:47 pm »
CP u make me laugh. Def HO needs you to review its books, then they might publish some good ones.
 Perhaps you could publish ur forum book and sell it to us. I would buy it. I love this forum and most recipes I use come from here.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline MEP

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2012, 04:55:18 am »
Publishing a forum book is a really good idea. My local primary school (Mt Hawthorn Primary School) put together and published a cookbook with recipes provided by the staff and families etc. It's very professional and I saw it a the local library. Not sure if they made any money from it but it's very professional, beautifully photographed and would make anyone feel proud if you were part of its production. Hence, maybe that's something you could or should look into CP?
From Perth WA

Offline kezza

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2012, 01:02:13 pm »
I'm with you MEP.  Years and years ago (have to say that because I genuinely can't remember the year!) my children's primary school published a cookbook of family's favourite recipes. I have to say I have used that cookbook often, because family recipes are tried and true.  At one stage I lost the cookbook and couldn't find it. I rang the primary school hoping they had a copy and the current staff said they did not even know of its existence.  I was devastated.  However, I did find it and all my favourite recipes are back.  My girls were so happy that I foudn it because I am sure they had given it to me as a Mothers Day present (still cant remember which year!).

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2012, 11:55:09 pm »
Kezza I have some of those too. They have great family recipes in them.