Author Topic: Enough Rice for the whole family.  (Read 37091 times)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: Enough Rice for the whole family.
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2012, 11:50:08 pm »
That adaptation sounds, good, Chookie.  I'm going to have to go on a huge cooking spree as a treat to me after I get through the next three hectic weeks (well, pehaps I will have to wait until Easter when I will have a good few days to concentrate on cooking).
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2012, 08:07:49 am »
Chookie I really think you should write a recipe book with all these wonderful ideas of yours. You are always trying something different and do your own thing rather than use recipe books all the time.  It would be like a CWA recipe book for TMX owners.

I agree, I'd definitely buy it. Even if it was your ideas from here it would be nice to have them in one easily accessible place.  If you do decide to, can I  put in a plug for producing it as an e-book?
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2012, 08:12:48 am »
 l would buy your book   chookie
 a lot of my recipes printed from the forum have your name on them n in my file
as l know that if l see a recipe with your name on it will work out

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2012, 10:16:45 am »
nazar , CarolineW and Judy,  you are all too generous with your comments.  Thank  :-* :-* :-*you.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2012, 07:33:03 pm »
An e-book is an excellent idea - we all obviously have internet access - if you are like me and hate to take the actual book into the cooking area as it always gets splattered, etc., with an e-book you can print off the recipes and just take a single sheet of paper into the kitchen (this makes me wonder about copyright complications though).

Anyway, I digress, Chookie, you are so helpful and brimming with ideas, thoughts and recipes that a book would be great, but I somehow think you are pretty busy already and taking on such a project is easier said than done.  However, should you ever go ahead you have a huge number of encouraging potential customers here and on your blog - in fact, you've just about got your book ready-made from your blog - perhaps we should all simply go there and use that as your recipe book!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2012, 10:32:59 pm »
Ohh thank you Chookie  :-* :-* :-*. Can now dispose of my rice cooker (which I had kept because I need to cook large amounts of rice). Now have enough space for my new toy- a food dehydrator from Aldi  ;D.

As for your cookbook, pretty please???. No pressure but would Christmas be too soon ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 10:40:04 pm by djinni373 »
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2012, 04:10:36 pm »
Haven't I read somewhere on the forum that it's possible to make pasta in a similar way too?  Or am I dreaming it?  I've been trying to find it and can't, so perhaps I did dream it ...  :-)) :P
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2012, 06:00:50 pm »
You are not dreaming Caroline.  In Alyce's Quick Fix in the Thermomix she has a recipe called creamy tuna pasta bake.
Using 400g buckwheat pasta, she places it in the thermosaver or a saucepan and covers it with boiling water, seals with a lid and leaves it for 15 minutes before draining it and placing it in the bottom of a casserole dish. The tuna sauce is made, pour over the top and it is baked for 20 minutes.
I substituted the buckwheat past for normal wheat spiral pasta which obviously swelled to a whole heap more than the buckwheat would but it was cooked to perfection after the 20 minute soaking with this method.  I have tried it with spaghetti but that needed 4 minutes boiling in a pan at the end of the 20 minutes as it was a little too al dente for my liking.
This is probably where you read something like this.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 11:41:07 pm by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2012, 01:06:22 pm »
Thanks Judy!

Offline shanmac

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2012, 12:48:25 am »
PLEASE do an e-recipe book with lots of pretty pictures!!!

Great idea for the rice - usually have to pull out the rice cooker when cooking for the 6 of us , so this will be ace!

Thanks Chookie x
Shannon, Bendigo Victoria - mum of 4

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2012, 08:07:15 am »
Ooh yes, a recipe e-book with lots of pictures - that would be wonderful!!!

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2012, 08:22:57 am »
Chookie did I miss it? Someone mention an E book? Wahoo. Hard work but you know we would buy it. Yes  indeed  we would all support it for sure.

We love  to support those who support us. Love this forum.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline jkmt

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2012, 12:10:36 pm »
Chookie, I'm all for the e-book idea!

Just a query on the rice though. Has anyone done the ratio for a larger quantity? I always cook 400g in the basket, and there isn't a lot left after my hungry boys have powered through it. (Don't you just KNOW that rice and grated cheese is the best meal of all time?! According to fussy Master 8) How much would actually fit in the thermoserver to cook this way? I love the idea of freeing up the TMX.
Jenny, Central Coast NSW

I'd rather cook than clean!

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2012, 07:46:21 am »
kjmt,  this recipe makes 730g or nearly 6 cups of cooked rice.  I haven't done it, but you could probably increase the amount of rice and water by a quater and cook it for 7 mins.

Offline jkmt

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2012, 12:08:48 pm »
Thanks. I will give that a go. I dread to think how much my boys will eat as they get older. I know what their father was like as a teenager!
Jenny, Central Coast NSW

I'd rather cook than clean!