Author Topic: I'm back!  (Read 6639 times)

Offline bron

• View Profile
I'm back!
« on: June 18, 2009, 04:16:21 pm »
Hi everyone! Nice to be back....have lots of catching up to do with everything! Inbetween, home, kids, work and reading all that I've missed here, will take me a good week! Have missed you all! Germany was beautiful, and even better to see my brother, up, from down under! He flew home with me to Malaga for 1 night before moving on to next country and I managed to show him my Thx! He was quite impressed! Although not at the price! So I am sure he will be in need of a Demo at home or at work! Who does them in Canberra, to put him in touch?
Amanda

Spain

Offline Master Moderator

• Thermomix Recipes
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Thermomix
Re: I'm back!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 12:15:35 am »
Nice to see you back safe and sound, bron. Hasn't a lot happened whilst you've been away :-)

Good luck with the catching up :-)

Admin:)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 12:50:37 am »
Missed you Bron, welcome back.  How lovely that your brother is 'one of us'.  Have you ever visited him in Australia? Looking forward to reading your postings again once you catch up - that's the worst part of having holidays, the backlog of postings you have to catch up with. :-* :-*
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 01:22:50 am »
Welcome back - great to hear you had a good time and relaxed.

Dean aka Karen3 does demos.  Ask brazen20au (aka Karen1) - she'll give you the low-down.

Click above ^ ^ ^  to send her a PM
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 10:08:49 am by Thermomixer »
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 09:17:10 am »
thermomixer, karen3 has her own logon now!!!

welcome back bron, missed you heaps!
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 10:42:23 am »
Welcome back Bron!! Lovely to see you back.  Hope you had a wonderful time!

Make sure you tell us when you're visiting your brother  ;) :D :D
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 09:11:53 am »
Welcome back Bron.  Happy catching up-it seems to take ages, but then there is always something new to read.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 11:34:04 am »
Thanks guys! Yes have lots of catching up to do....everywhere! Here, home, work, I was only gone 4 days!
But it was lovely! Germany was soooooooo beautiful, I had no idea of how beautiful it is! Has changed my whole opinion of Germans and Germany of course! I bought a waffle maker home with me! And have been experimenting already this morning! Fantastic! Also my THX bimbette apron has arrived in my absence, I will post a photo later, its really nice! Honestly, I do look the part now! My DH reckons they are slowly brainwashing me! :D :D :D :D :D
Amanda

Spain

Offline Master Moderator

• Thermomix Recipes
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Thermomix
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 11:45:05 am »
Nice to hear you had a great time :) I'd love to go Germany. It's in my Top 5 list. Luckily I am only 2 hours flight away, but.... (no excuses). And of course, Germans are fantastic people. One of the nicest nationalities I have met. What was your food experience there? Did you end up at any beer festivals? lol

Take care

Admin:)

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 12:06:33 pm »
Oh the food was just amazing! We stayed on the River Mossel in a beautiful valley of vineyards, hundreds of small picturesque villages on the river. Both food and wine and the beer, excellent. The cakes, were huge, and the very best I have ever tasted in my entire life! It was cheap too! We stayed in a beautiful guest house on the river in a village called Burg, the owner had vineyards and made wine, and made a wine tasting evening (I slept well that night!)  We visited Trier, Cochem, Saarbrucken, Traben and other various villages along the way. The sausages, the smell walking down the street! Ooohhhh! Everywhere looked like a clip of the harry potter film! Castles, churches, forests, I will definitely return! We had great weather too. 30º! Cant complain about anything! 
Amanda

Spain

Offline Master Moderator

• Thermomix Recipes
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Thermomix
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2009, 12:19:19 pm »
So nice to hear. I'll have to go now. I hear they preserve their heritage wonderfully. I really want to visit Bavaria. Arghhhh Such a big planet with many countries and such little time.

:)

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009, 02:49:48 pm »
Oh the food was just amazing! We stayed on the River Mossel in a beautiful valley of vineyards, hundreds of small picturesque villages on the river. Both food and wine and the beer, excellent. The cakes, were huge, and the very best I have ever tasted in my entire life! It was cheap too! We stayed in a beautiful guest house on the river in a village called Burg, the owner had vineyards and made wine, and made a wine tasting evening (I slept well that night!)  We visited Trier, Cochem, Saarbrucken, Traben and other various villages along the way. The sausages, the smell walking down the street! Ooohhhh! Everywhere looked like a clip of the harry potter film! Castles, churches, forests, I will definitely return! We had great weather too. 30º! Cant complain about anything! 

You're making me jealous, Amanda!  I'm desperate to get back and visit friends and favourite haunts.  Haven't managed it in 2 years  :(
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2009, 08:58:51 am »
Welcome back Bron,  Last year Wayne & I visited Bavaria for three weeks after a two week stay in Switzerland.  Like all holidays it just wasn't long enough!!!!!

Cheers
Trudy