Author Topic: TMX on TV every weeknight in UK  (Read 3422 times)

Offline Katya

• View Profile
TMX on TV every weeknight in UK
« on: April 19, 2010, 10:39:03 pm »
At the moment BBC are running a new series of Great British Menu where professional chefs compete to produce dishes for a banquet which will be held in June.

They are currently running the heats where 3 chefs from the same area compete against each other to get to the finals.   Most of the chefs are using a Thermomix at some point and they are seen regularly being used or just sitting in the background.   Last week one of the chefs was teasing another one about his recipe, suggesting it had been taken from the cookery book that came with the machine  ;D  (Unfortunately I can't remember what the recipe was for).

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
Re: TMX on TV every weeknight in UK
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 02:37:50 am »
Oh - what a shame it isn't on here - might whip up some business!  ;)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 03:17:51 am »
Ooh, I wonder if it's on Foxtel! I'll have to check, so I can record it!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 09:31:10 am »
We will get it - but not for a while.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 10:23:24 am »
This is the 3rd or 4th year that they've run it.    They change the format slightly every year.   This year the chefs have to source as much of their produce as possible locally.  Each of them goes to a local National Trust property and uses stuff from there.   The banquet at the end will be with Prince Charles and 100 local food producers.