Author Topic: What is for Breakfast  (Read 691674 times)

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Re: What is for Breakfast
« Reply #1530 on: January 11, 2013, 06:20:34 am »
Thanks Mcmich, that's a great idea for adding sweetness.
I'll try it once I figure out more about my migraine triggers. I'm trying to reduce the number of foods in my diet that are high in amines. Unfortunately dates (and lots of other tasty/flavoursome) foods are high :(  I don't avoid them completely I just seem to have a threshold of what I can handle :-\
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

mcmich

Re: What is for Breakfast
« Reply #1531 on: January 11, 2013, 06:32:28 am »
Oh, so that was why you were adding pears? - low in amines - they would add sweetness too.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: January 11, 2013, 06:53:05 am »
Yes, but you'll notice I added strawberries today. I'd not had many amines yesterday so had strawberries (moderate/high amines) today. I'm going to do the proper elimination diet in the next couple of months, I'm just sort of waiting til I get back into a routine (new job, buying/selling house etc). Meanwhile, avoiding foods that I know trigger such as chocolate, wine strong cheeses and only having small does of others. Seems a bit hypocritical but most people who are sensitive to food chemicals seem to have a threshold that they can handle (bit like some lactose intolerant people). I'll try your date tip when I've not had too many amines that day!
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: January 11, 2013, 11:51:45 pm »
DS requested French toast for lunch yesterday. I gave him a sandwich instead with a promise of French toast for brekky this morning. I had mine with coffee:)
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

mcmich

« Reply #1534 on: January 12, 2013, 12:26:57 am »
Yes, but you'll notice I added strawberries today. I'd not had many amines yesterday so had strawberries (moderate/high amines) today. I'm going to do the proper elimination diet in the next couple of months, I'm just sort of waiting til I get back into a routine (new job, buying/selling house etc). Meanwhile, avoiding foods that I know trigger such as chocolate, wine strong cheeses and only having small does of others. Seems a bit hypocritical but most people who are sensitive to food chemicals seem to have a threshold that they can handle (bit like some lactose intolerant people). I'll try your date tip when I've not had too many amines that day!

Don't think I could give up wine and cheese, good luck with it.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: January 12, 2013, 12:30:41 am »
DS requested French toast for lunch yesterday. I gave him a sandwich instead with a promise of French toast for brekky this morning. I had mine with coffee:)

YUM!! ;D ;D

mcmich

« Reply #1536 on: January 12, 2013, 12:34:25 am »
Those strawberries look delicious ES.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: January 12, 2013, 12:43:23 am »
Yummy strawberries ES.
Toast and cereal today.

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: January 12, 2013, 03:16:44 am »
Bannana and strawberry smoothie and plenty of coffee!

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: January 12, 2013, 04:42:17 am »
Bacon and eggs on toasted English muffins.
Water and Ice to drink.  :D
:D

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: January 12, 2013, 05:16:29 am »
Don't think I could give up wine and cheese, good luck with it.

It's hard, but the headache/migraine is worse...I used to put up with the pain and drink wine before DD came along, now headaches are just not worth it with a little person who doesn't understand! -I still have coffee, it is the thing I'll struggle with most!

This morning, I tweaked my Weet-Bix smoothie (1min/speed9 worked a treat thanks Judy) for myself and made DD and DH piklets...ES you've inspired me to make French toast sometime soon :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: January 12, 2013, 05:19:29 am »
Glad it worked better for you Jamberie.  Have you tried decaf coffee - would that be better for your headaches?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Re: What is for Breakfast
« Reply #1542 on: January 12, 2013, 06:14:14 am »
mmm, yes decaf. I have tried it. I think it's harder to find a decent decaf coffee than regular coffee. When I start the diet in full force I won't be able to have either for a while so I'll make the most of it while I can :)

Funny thing with today's smoothie was that there was no grittiness from the Weetbix, but I used frozen mixed berries and of course the raspberries made it a bit gritty!

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: January 12, 2013, 06:47:21 am »

Funny thing with today's smoothie was that there was no grittiness from the Weetbix, but I used frozen mixed berries and of course the raspberries made it a bit gritty!

I get that grittiness in my green smoothies from the frozen blueberries :P

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: January 12, 2013, 07:01:20 am »
....have decided to be a bit spec for BIL and family visiting at present - soaked some bircher museli in apple juice for tomorrow, about to bake some rhubarb and served with sweet dukkah and greek yoghurt (it is delicious!!!!!)
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.