Author Topic: Ketupat recipe from A Taste of Asia.  (Read 3517 times)

Offline LizzieM

• View Profile
Ketupat recipe from A Taste of Asia.
« on: November 25, 2018, 09:34:37 pm »
I've recently made this ketupat from the "Taste of Asia " cookbook & it didn't really work at all. The rice is coarsely ground, then cooked with 1 litre of water as you would whole rice. The water & steam didn't seem to penetrate the rice & therefore it remained raw even though I cooked it much longer than the recipe stated. Has anyone else had this problem? Should I grind less? Or maybe put more than the litre of water.

Thanks for your help thermomixers.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Ketupat recipe from A Taste of Asia.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 12:42:03 am »
I had a quick look for the recipe in my first edition of that book Lizzie but it’s not under K.
The only thing I can think of is to stir it with the Thermomix spatula during the cooking. I do that when steaming whole rice too to make sure the heat is evenly distributed.  No-one has posted a review on this recipe.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Ketupat recipe from A Taste of Asia.
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 05:55:19 am »
Sorry I can't offer any advice. I don't have that book, and have never done anything similar.
 Just a thought though, did you have the heat on for the cooking. I know sometimes I do that and just programme the temperature and forget that you must programme time as well or the machine won't heat.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/