Author Topic: Cheesecake Slice  (Read 4892 times)

Offline kezza

• View Profile
Cheesecake Slice
« on: November 18, 2011, 11:53:11 am »
Cheesecake Slice
(adapted from recipe in West Australian May 26, 2011)
Makes 12 bars
250g Granita biscuits (i used Milk Arrowroot)
60g melted butter
1/2 cup lemon curd (I used EDC lemon butter with extra yolk)
250g cream cheese
395g plain thick yoghurt
2 eggs
1/4 cup caster sugar
1 lemon zested and juiced

Break the biscuits and blitz in bowl until crumbs form.  I put 1/3rd of biscuits in, then added another 1/3rd on top of them and then final 1/3rd.
Drizzle in melted butter and blitz until combined.  Press into a lined 26x16cm tin and chill. Spread the lemon curd/butter over the chilled biscuit base - it you try to do it before the base is cold, the crumb will tear away from the bottom.
Place cream cheese, yoghurt, sugar and lemon juice and zest in clean bowl and blend 30-40secs speed 4 - 5. Add eggs one at a time onto the rotating blades and blend until combined for another 10 secs on speed 7.  Check if mixture is smooth, and if not blend for a few more seconds. Pour over the lemon curd.
Place in a 160c preheated oven and bake for 40 minutes.  Cool in the tin, then place in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight. 

I took this to work today and everyone said it was really nice.  I don't eat cheesecake, but I like to make it!  I thought maybe everyone would find the biscuit base too thick, but the feedback I got was that everyone liked the base.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Cheesecake Slice
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 03:29:12 am »
I saw this recipe. Thanks for converting it.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Cheesecake Slice
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 05:31:29 am »
I have a pile of recipes from the paper but never get around to converting them.  Well done kezza.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.