Author Topic: Tasmanian Salmon in Lemon and Caper sauce  (Read 18562 times)

Offline Birdie

• View Profile
Re: Tasmanian Salmon in Lemon and Caper sauce
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2012, 07:44:34 am »
This was very tasty for such a simple recipe and felt slimmimg too.  :)  I'm still getting my head around cooking in the Varoma and was wondering whether to put a lid on the glass bowl with the fish and sauce in it, or not?  In the end I left it off for the first half of cooking and then put it on for the last half. Still tasted nice.
Linda - Upwey VIC

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2012, 09:49:38 am »
Linda,  glad you tried this one as it is nice.  I put the lid on,  but you could just cover it with a couple of sheets of hand towel so that the water from the lid of the Varoma doesn't drip in to the sauce.  You also might like the one with Lemon and capers.  Sorry still can't link.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2012, 10:32:51 am »
 :D :D This is the one with lemon and capers Chookie - did you mean your Sweet Chilli one?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2012, 11:23:20 am »
Yes Judy,  what an idiot I am. 

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2012, 09:30:03 pm »
I made this for dinner tonight and it was a hit with the whole family .  I made it as is except that my capers were homemade pickled nasturtium pod capers, and I added a small squirt of runny honey as I didn't want to risk it being too tart for DD2.

I will definitely make this again.  Thanks for sharing the recipe.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2012, 09:31:23 pm »
Sorry if this is slightly off at a tangent - Chookie, at our advanced class on the weekend, we were introduced to deep fried capers - have you ever heard of them?  I didn't get to taste as I was working but people were raving about the crunch factor.  
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2012, 09:31:49 pm »
Yes Judy,  what an idiot I am.
No, just busy and very generous at sharing recipes (imagine a kissing emoticon here as I can't access them right now).

Here's some for you Caroline  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 10:41:30 pm by judydawn »
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline Birdie

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2012, 11:11:34 pm »
Thanks for the reply, I understand the need to cover now to stop water dripping in.  The salmon in sweet chilli sauce recipe looks lovely too. 

I have also just made a similar salmon dish from the January Womens Weekly - a Julie Goodwin recipe - where you place matchsticks of ginger, 1/4 cup apricot jam, 2 tblspn soy sauce and 1/4 cup water in a saucepan and boil 2 -3 min until syrupy.  The sauce/glaze is drizzled over the pan-fried salmon and sprinkled with sesame seeds.  She served it with soba noodles and steamed veges.  We liked this one too.  It could probably be made in the TMX.
Linda - Upwey VIC

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2012, 11:24:44 pm »
Thanks for the reply, I understand the need to cover now to stop water dripping in.  The salmon in sweet chilli sauce recipe looks lovely too. 

I have also just made a similar salmon dish from the January Womens Weekly - a Julie Goodwin recipe - where you place matchsticks of ginger, 1/4 cup apricot jam, 2 tblspn soy sauce and 1/4 cup water in a saucepan and boil 2 -3 min until syrupy.  The sauce/glaze is drizzled over the pan-fried salmon and sprinkled with sesame seeds.  She served it with soba noodles and steamed veges.  We liked this one too.  It could probably be made in the TMX.

Birdie,  this recipe looks great.  Just cook the syrup in the TMX and  poach the fish in this sauce  in the Varoma. 

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2012, 11:26:32 pm »
Thanks Chookie, wondering how it would be done.  Just made some apricot jam the other night, have some salmon in the freezer and I might just try this one very soon.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.