Author Topic: Quick Dinner Ideas  (Read 4069 times)

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Quick Dinner Ideas
« on: September 01, 2012, 01:24:26 pm »
One of the reasons I bought my TM was to be able to make quick dinners when I've worked late or have had one of 'those' days (and avoid take away food as much as possible). I like the idea of stocking my fridge and pantry with a few items that are always available for a quick dinner....so far Pasta Faglioi and risotto are ok but I'm needing a bit more inspiration, and also wondering if there is a magic quick dish I need to know about!

So my question is:
What do you make (with your thermothingy) on 'those' nights when you don't want to spend a long time in the kitchen but have hungry mouths to feed asap?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated and then I'll be able to adjust my pantry staples accordingly!

I did a few searches for fast and easy meals but didn't find anything, but I do apologise if there is a similar thread elsewhere and I've never started a thread before so I'm hoping I've put this one in the right spot -moderators, please feel free to move if need be  :)
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Dinner Ideas
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 01:47:51 pm »
Here's an old thread Jamberie which may give you some ideas.

This Agilio Oilio E Peperoncino (garlic oil and chilli) pasta is quick and easy if you are in a hurry.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 01:52:44 pm »
Thanks so much Judy!
I don't know how I missed that thread, I must have skimmed over it, there is so much information on this wonderful forum!
I'll look up the garlic and chilli pasta, it sounds yummy, I think it will be on my menu this week!
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 09:23:15 am »
Could you do a couple of dishes and have them in the freezer? Or maybe have veggies etc cut up ready to go for things like Baf's chicken.
Pizza bases in the freezer, tomato sauce in the freezer, put them together and hey presto.
Pasta dishes too.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 12:22:41 pm »
I like your thinking Cookie...I was originally thinking more start to finish type meals, but I really like the idea of making pizza bases and sauce....maybe making more of my own basics to keep in the freezer is the answer! Thank you! You've certainly given me more ideas to think about  :)

I've made Baf's Chicken before, and it's a great one for the list too!

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 12:59:30 pm »
Chelseas bangers & mash is another good one, kids love it too :)
H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline snappy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 01:09:00 pm »
My quick dinners are pesto pasta and Chelsea's stroganoff. I also keep chicken, spinach and ricotta cannelloni and some of teninas chicken and pesto scrolls in the freezer to quickly heat up if needed.