Author Topic: Roasting pans  (Read 10035 times)

Offline pumpkin pie

• View Profile
Roasting pans
« on: August 02, 2012, 12:41:59 pm »
I have purchased a few non stick roasting pans lately, and the Teflon comes off after a short time, (and I really don't do that much roasting) so I have decided I need to buy a better quality one. I am looking for your advice as to what you use and how you find their performance.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Re: Roasting pans
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 12:54:28 pm »
I'm interested in this as well, I have had the same problem. I use a roasting rack in my roasting dish, and also line the base with baking paper when roasting veggies etc so they don't stick.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Mama Fergie

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 02:35:52 pm »
I have had my scanpan roasting pan for 6-7 years now and still in perfect condition.  I use it for roasts and veggies and don't use baking paper. They retain the heat more than the Teflon pans so I reduce the temp of the oven slightly after 15 minutes cooking. You can also heat it on the hotplate first if you want to.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 08:21:28 pm »
I bought a scanpan roasting dish in the sales. Obviously I have only had it a few months but love it.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Shirlmac

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 09:17:21 pm »
I have also had my Scanpan roasting pan for years. It still looks like new & I use it for roasts and baking slices etc. It is so easy to clean and nothing ever sticks. It is well worth what it cost me. At the time I made my purchase online as it was better value than the Myer half price sale. My Mum has two of these the bigger and smaller one and she is also thrilled to bits with them.
Eat well, train hard and enjoy life! :)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 09:25:11 pm »
I think maybe it's time I brought myself a good quality roasting pan like the scan pan. Might have to look into it and wait for a good sale.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline pumpkin pie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 10:57:04 pm »
Yes Dede, looks like I'll be checking out the scanpan too.  I already have a scanpan frying pan which is great.

Offline chrissa

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 11:03:13 pm »
My DH bought me a scanpan roasting tray for my birthday a couple of years back but I don't use it very often because it's a pain in the you know what to clean

How do you guys keep them clean and looking like new ?
I do the best I can

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 12:35:24 am »
PP, line your pan with 2 pieces of grease proof paper to line base & sides, until you get a new one.
Or roast your meat in an oven bag.
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 01:15:13 am »
Ummm - roasting pans... I own 3 and have never use them... :-[ - 1 is a scanpan one too. I alway use oven bags just on the oven tray or in the slow cooker. For veg I do them on baking paper on the oven tray.  :)
:D

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 02:35:26 am »
Another thumbs up for the Scanpan! I've had mine for a few years and it is still as good as new. I don't put it in the dishwasher or use high heat when it's on the stove....I learned from my Scanpan frypan which is not in the greatest condition from putting it in the dishwasher and using high heat almost all the time! I certainly would never pay full price for one though because you can nearly be guaranteed you'll be able to find them at 40-50% off at least twice a year!
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 03:11:03 am »
I have a couple of old cast iron ones.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2012, 03:21:37 am »
We were given a scan pan non stick one for our wedding. The non stick started to bubble and the other day I took it to the official repair/replacement place and the lady just replaced it no questions asked! How's that for service!
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2012, 04:10:53 am »
I just received an email from Kitchenware Direct - their deal of the day is a Scanpan medium roaster for $99 (RRP $259) if anyone is interested  :)
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Mama Fergie

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2012, 04:13:29 am »
If anyone is interested Kitchenware Directs deal of the day is the scanpan medium roasting pan for $99 reduced from $259.