Author Topic: Honey Mustard Chicken  (Read 179072 times)

Offline trudy o

• View Profile
Honey Mustard Chicken
« on: December 16, 2010, 04:20:48 am »
Sorry haven't been on much but thought you might like this recipe for Honey Mustard Chicken which I usually serve with rice.  It's a quick and tasty meal that my family likes. Can't remember where I got it from originally but I converted it from somewhere (a magazine or somewhere I think)  I have heaps more recipes to post and will do so when I have time.

Name of Recipe:HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN
Number of People:
Ingredients:550g chicken cubed
1 onion, halvd
20g wholegrain mustard (can reduce if prefer)
1/2 tsp tumeric
1tbspn stock paste
30g honey
20g flour
100g water
150ml cream
30g olive oil

Preparation:
Put onion in TM and chop for 3 sec speed 7.  Add oil and saute for 2 min speed 1 at 100deg
Add tumeric and flour and stir for 3 sec on speed 4
Add water and cook 1 min, 70 deg on speed 1
Place chicken, stock, mustard and honey into bowl and cook for 5 min, 100deg, reverse and speed soft
Add cream and cook for 20 min,100deg reverse and speed soft
If you like a thicker sauce add some cornflour and water paste and cook for further 2 min, 100deg speed soft and reverse.

Photos:

Tips/Hints:

« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 04:26:17 am by trudy o »

Offline rubyslippers

• View Profile
Re: Honey Mustard Chicken
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 05:41:10 am »
Ooooooh, I can't wait for DH to go away for work (he hates honey)...  Then I can give this a whirl!  Mmmmmm.  Thanks Trudy!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 07:40:39 am »
yum yum yum - i love the sound of this  :-*
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 10:05:45 am »
Thanks Trudy for the lovely recipe.I absolutely adore recipes that are quick and easy when you are pushed for time. :-*
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 10:43:45 am »
Thanks Trudy......one of my favourite flavours for chicken  8)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 11:36:05 am »
Thanks Trudy sounds like it would be popular here.

Offline Nik2WIN

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 05:44:55 pm »
Ooh, this looks good (and real easy) - I'm going to give it a go very soon.

Nik
Hampshire based independent Thermomix demonstrator.
Thermomix user since October 2010

Offline mel81q

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 10:38:26 pm »
I am going to cook this tonight for dinner, but have a question and hope someone can help. I want to steam some veggies above whilst this is cooking. Just going to do some broccolini and carrots cut into sticks. How long should I cook these for. I was thinking just to put the Varoma ontop for the last 20minutes, but I am not sure if it will be hot enough at 100, and also wether or not 20mins would be too long. Any advice/recommendations here?

Offline lucky

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 10:55:40 pm »
oooh yum!! my boys love honey mustard chicken!
will be making this, thank you for sharing :)

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2010, 11:24:38 pm »
I am going to cook this tonight for dinner, but have a question and hope someone can help. I want to steam some veggies above whilst this is cooking. Just going to do some broccolini and carrots cut into sticks. How long should I cook these for. I was thinking just to put the Varoma ontop for the last 20minutes, but I am not sure if it will be hot enough at 100, and also wether or not 20mins would be too long. Any advice/recommendations here?

I think you would need to cook the veggies seperately.  If you used the varoma temp the chicken would most likely disintegrate and 100 degrees isn't hot enough to steam. If you are planning to serve it with rice also you could put rice in the basket and veggies in the varoma and steam them on the varoma setting.  I would cook the chicken dish first (and pop it into the thermoserve to keep warm) and then do the rice and veg.  I wouldn't bother washing out the bowl in between as the flavours from the sauce would make the rice extra tasty.  Hope this helps.  :)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2010, 02:59:39 am »
If you are planning to serve it with rice also you could put rice in the basket and veggies in the varoma and steam them on the varoma setting.  I would cook the chicken dish first (and pop it into the thermoserve to keep warm) and then do the rice and veg.  I wouldn't bother washing out the bowl in between as the flavours from the sauce would make the rice extra tasty. 

Excellent tip CTG  :-*
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline opi2kenopi

• View Profile
    • The Opies: Family Food
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2010, 09:57:56 am »
Thanks for the recipe Trudy O.  I made this tonight for my family (steamed some vegies after chicken was cooked), and it was a great success.  The sauce is absolutely delicious.  I have some left over so will be having it for lunch tomorrow with some pasta.

Thanks again.

bulletproof4

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2010, 09:57:51 am »
Yum-mo!!! I made this for tea tonight for the family and they all enjoyed it. We had it with rice and green beans.Thanks for a lovely recipe.  :)

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2010, 07:37:29 am »
If you are planning to serve it with rice also you could put rice in the basket and veggies in the varoma and steam them on the varoma setting.  I would cook the chicken dish first (and pop it into the thermoserve to keep warm) and then do the rice and veg.  I wouldn't bother washing out the bowl in between as the flavours from the sauce would make the rice extra tasty. 

Excellent tip CTG  :-*

Just pointing out the obvious for any newbies - potatoes or pasta could be cooked this way too.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2010, 08:57:59 am »
We had this for dinner tonight.  It is a lovely dish and a wonderful conversion.  I used chicken thigh fillets cut in a 3cm dice and 15g of mustard. I served it with rice and steamed carrots and beans.  Thanks Trudy!